Would Mamba X 8S work well with TP 4070 Brushless motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secamatop

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm still learning. I'm thinking of getting TP Power TP4070-CM 2200kv V1 Brushless Motor with rated Max Amps of 264A. I wish to pair it with Mamba Monster X 8S, and based on this video...
... it could go up to 350A.

So, they should work, right? Or will I be expecting any overheating or such? I'm not doing just speed runs but also lapping a road track or huge car park

I'm still learning. I'm thinking of getting TP Power TP4070-CM 2200kv V1 Brushless Motor with rated Max Amps of 264A. I wish to pair it with Mamba Monster X 8S, and based on this video...
... it could go up to 350A.

So, they should work, right? Or will I be expecting any overheating or such? I'm not doing just speed runs but also lapping a road track or huge car park

Can you describe your setup and your goals? Goals - how fast and how long.

There are a lot of factors involved. Gearing, punch, load on the motor, driving style, etc.. Nothing is guaranteed. I've maxxed out the current on the MMX 8S on 4S with a smaller motor. That was with single pass speed running.

In my case I was pinning the throttle too quickly.

The heat depends heavily on the gearing. Higher ratios and longer time will build up heat.

That should work. But on hot days (75 ambient) I have been struggling with heat issues with the MMX8S running laps > 10 minutes on fairly tame gearing (19:46). I am currently trying out a stronger fan. Never had any heat issues so far on the same car with an XLX2.

Also any reason you want a sensorless TP V1?

As Jerold has said, do tell us more.

Welcome to AF!

Honestly I'm not sure. I'm thinking of getting Rlaarlo AK917 roller. XLX2 can't fit well from the looks of it from a Ytube video. So I'm considering X 8s esc. And maybe later moving the esc n motor to a limitless?

Since I'm new I don't have depth in my goals. I think bashing on a track or car park at high speed. Not just single or double speed runs. What gear should I use to prevent overheating or other issues?

Honestly I'm not sure. I'm thinking of getting Rlaarlo AK917 roller. XLX2 can't fit well from the looks of it from a Ytube video. So I'm considering X 8s esc. And maybe later moving the esc n motor to a limitless?

Since I'm new I don't have depth in my goals. I think bashing on a track or car park at high speed. Not just single or double speed runs. What gear should I use to prevent overheating or other issues?

Oh I thought this was for a bigger Arrma car. Yes for a RLaarlo you can go with just about any ESC. The MMX8s would still be over kill for a little 1/10 car but would run nice and cool. The XLX2 is too large for the AK917

The TP4070 is also way too much motor for that car.
A 4040 to 4050 would be plenty. I know that some guys have hit 160+ mph with TP3640 motors.

Last edited:
Also a 40 series motor won't work unless you swap the motor mount See below. However, a 36 series drops in.

I used a TP3640 and MMX 8S on 4S. The trick in finding a smaller battery and/or relocate the servo to the brace.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/jerolds-rlaarlo-build.138240/

1716592771136.jpeg

Power was never a problem with this car, it's keeping the dang thing straight.

Also a 40 series motor won't work unless you swap the motor mount See below. However, a 36 series drops in.

I used a TP3640 and MMX 8S on 4S. The trick in finding a smaller battery and/or relocate the servo to the brace.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/jerolds-rlaarlo-build.138240/

View attachment 368433

Power was never a problem with this car, it's keeping the dang thing straight.
Yeah. I watched Liberty Francis other video that convinced me that XLX2 couldn't fit into this car. 100mph isn't fat enough for me I'm afraid. I was hoping to hit 200mph lol

Yeah. I watched Liberty Francis other video that convinced me that XLX2 couldn't fit into this car. 100mph isn't fat enough for me I'm afraid. I was hoping to hit 200mph lol
Will probably be a lot easier on a limitless 😎

Back