Tp motor wires to esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quick question? I’m almost done building a limitless v2 with a tp 4070cm 2200kv motor, the motor leads are 10awg. I have 3) 8awg extensions and 3) 10awg extensions for the motor. What’s the difference and which should I use from the motor to the esc. Bullet connectors are 8.00mm on both the esc and motor. Which ones would be better suited for this set up. My esc is the Mamba xlx2. Thanks in advance..

No extensions are the best extensions..if you must use them make sure all connects cant come apart..nothing will kill a xlx2 quiker than motor leads poping out an arcing ports all up..i put a dab of super glue on ports cause they will pop out an hurt escz. starving xlx2 is what kills um.trust me ive killed at least 20 of them😆😅🤣😂

The larger wire has some benefits over the smaller. Might as well play it safe and go with the larger wire (8 awg).
Especially if it is not high quality wire like castle's.

On K-Bashe's note make sure the wires are setup in a way where they are pushing into the ESC rather than trying to pull away (Zip ties or whatever it takes to make that happen). Also you can stretch the male bullets some so it is a tight fit.

man you are thinking waaaaaay too hard. :ROFLMAO:
Look dude we’re not all Mr know it all like you, so you either chip in with some useful information or don’t even bother to comment. This is an information sharing platform to help other arrma RC members i honestly didn’t know what the difference was other than one is thicker.
man you are thinking waaaaaay too hard. :ROFLMAO:

Look dude we’re not all Mr know it all like you, so you either chip in with some useful information or don’t even bother to comment. This is an information sharing platform to help other arrma RC members i honestly didn’t know what the difference was other than one is thicker.

Calm down bro, it's really not that serious. Pull the stick out of your ass! I've helped more times than you have posts. No need to get bent out of shape over someone making a playful joke that you are thinking about the situation too hard. Literally have negative levels of sense of humor. If you weren't so damn defensive when you read my post you would have understood that by me saying that it actually was helping you. I wouldn't have said it if you couldn't have used both wires!!!

Calm down bro, it's really not that serious. Pull the stick out of your ass! I've helped more times than you have posts. No need to get bent out of shape over someone making a playful joke that you are thinking about the situation too hard. Literally have negative levels of sense of humor. If you weren't so damn defensive when you read my post you would have understood that by me saying that it actually was helping you. I wouldn't have said it if you couldn't have used both wires!!
Calm down bro, it's really not that serious. Pull the stick out of your ass! I've helped more times than you have posts. No need to get bent out of shape over someone making a playful joke that you are thinking about the situation too hard. Literally have negative levels of sense of humor. If you weren't so damn defensive when you read my post you would have understood that by me saying that it actually was helping you. I wouldn't have said it if you couldn't have used both wires!!
Calm down bro, it's really not that serious. Pull the stick out of your ass! I've helped more times than you have posts. No need to get bent out of shape over someone making a playful joke that you are thinking about the situation too hard. Literally have negative levels of sense of humor. If you weren't so damn defensive when you read my post you would have understood that by me saying that it actually was helping you. I wouldn't
No extensions are the best extensions..if you must use them make sure all connects cant come apart..nothing will kill a xlx2 quiker than motor leads poping out an arcing ports all up..i put a dab of super glue on ports cause they will pop out an hurt escz. starving xlx2 is what kills um.trust me ive killed at least 20 of them😆😅🤣😂
So a simple drop of crazy glue will keep the bullets in place. I’m only using a 6” extension I bought them from radio control power website.

So a simple drop of crazy glue will keep the bullets in place. I’m only using a 6” extension I bought them from radio control power website.
Ive used the same extensions,yes a dab of glue works for me..ive even sodored them in lightly..

Ive used the same extensions,yes a dab of glue works for me..ive even sodored them in lightly..

Does the glue cause any interference in the current or do you drop some glue around the outside edge of the connector
Good question an im sure it does.but im at the point where im running cars over 150mph an a lil interference is the last off my concerns with my situation and car...i do now 1 thing for certain an bad sodor joints or starving xlx2 in any way will kill it lil by lil till it gos up in smoke on startup.i crash an kill them very often on my level of speedrunning them over last few years
@NewKratonuser0311 ive beeen tied for last 2 weeks with my boy chris barnes for worlds fastest typhon..shioty wheather has kept my from running.ive got 165+ in the bag on 8s with a clean hit..currently getting car ready for world record hit in the morning

Last edited:
Good question an im sure it does.but im at the point where im running cars over 150mph an a lil interference is the last off my concerns with my situation and car...i do now 1 thing for certain an bad sodor joints or starving xlx2 in any way will kill it lil by lil till it gos up in smoke on startup.i crash an kill them very often on my level of speedrunning them over last few years
@NewKratonuser0311 ive beeen tied for last 2 weeks with my boy chris barnes for worlds fastest typhon..shioty wheather has kept my from running.ive got 165+ in the bag on 8s with a clean hit..currently getting car ready for world record hit in the morning
Wow man I’d love to see that thing in person. I’m not trying to break records it’s just cool to me to have something faster than my infraction 6s. Gearing my limitless 39/32 and see what that does and go from there. Thanks for the help brother

Wow man I’d love to see that thing in person. I’m not trying to break records it’s just cool to me to have something faster than my infraction 6s. Gearing my limitless 39/32 and see what that does and go from there. Thanks for the help brother
Assuming you are on stock 100mm hoons an 6s that's some very aggressive gearing..I'd advise gearing down some so ya don't hurt packs or electronics..good luck an im chargeing now about to go give her hell😂🤣😆😅

Screenshot_20231105_095611.jpg

I will try it in 4s first and move up. Yes I’m on the stock Hoons. What do you recommend I drop that pinion down to?
Rc gear calculater will be your best friend..if you have a android phone then I use this free app...with apple I'm sure there others..
I calculate
10v for 3s
12v for 4s
17v for 6s for most accurate speeds...
I'd gear around here an this will be a very accurate speed on a good rolling car on 6s

Screenshot_20231105_100529_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20231105_100821.jpg

That 39/32 would get ya 130mph on 4s...but you would need good quility expensive packs like smc or onyx..all others would fall on there face an pack would most likely get damaged from it..don't want 4s packs dropping under 12v on a pull or it'll start hurting the cells in it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back