Burnt out ESC wires going to battery Vorteks 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robere3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone else battery wires burnt out shorted from esc. It look as though caught on diff as wires orange is embedded on diff now, all I did was change the pinion to 20t did feel like motor running slightly hotter but not extent of this. Thanks

Hi anyone else battery wires burnt out shorted from esc. It look as though caught on diff as wires orange is embedded on diff now, all I did was change the pinion to 20t did feel like motor running slightly hotter but not extent of this. Thanks
Confused diff is enclosed. Bigger pinion will make the motor work harder. Post some pictures of the orange wire problem.

Sorry it’s back at local hobby store, as only 3 weeks old, it’s the wires from the ESC on the Vorteks 3s that connect into the battery, they looked like almost rubbed on diff and melted over, as new to this the spinning thing between front and back lol….😂🤷‍♂️😂, I think looks like almost melted to that, sorry not much use…
Begininning to think Vorteks have a few issues, should I of looked at other models in first place

Last edited:
Sorry it’s back at local hobby store, as only 3 weeks old, it’s the wires from the ESC on the Vorteks 3s that connect into the battery, they looked like almost rubbed on diff and melted over, as new to this the spinning thing between front and back lol….😂🤷‍♂️😂, I think looks like almost melted to that, sorry not much use…
Center driveshaft always hungry for esc and battery wires. Always try and secure the wire under the battery straps.

Stock is 18t I put the higher 20t that comes with it . Shop said that wouldn’t have made this happen so does seem it could have cables. Been pushed down onto driveshaft and body on etc would seem it was then pressing onto driveshaft, lucky noticed it, could of been worse

Stock is 18t I put the higher 20t that comes with it . Shop said that wouldn’t have made this happen so does seem it could have cables. Been pushed down onto driveshaft and body on etc would seem it was then pressing onto driveshaft, lucky noticed it, could of been worse
Always strap those wires and connectors under the battery straps. At least the esc wire under one battery strap .

Begininning to think Vorteks have a few issues, should I of looked at other models in first place

I have a saying that seems to apply here.. "Operator Error"

We were all new once, its okay. The forum is here to help teach. The advice about strapping the battery wires down in the first strap are right on. I also tuck the balance lead there so the driveshaft cannot eat them.

Thanks all much appreciated, so perhaps the 20t pinion not at cause hen making everything to hot, just lack of tucking wires out way. Really appreciate your help all

Thanks all much appreciated, so perhaps the 20t pinion not at cause hen making everything to hot, just lack of tucking wires out way. Really appreciate your help all
get some cable ties very cheap and essential for this hobby

I have a saying that seems to apply here.. "Operator Error"

We were all new once, its okay. The forum is here to help teach. The advice about strapping the battery wires down in the first strap are right on. I also tuck the balance lead there so the driveshaft cannot eat them.
The hpi blitz flux was my first brushless rc far from my first. I had been soldering for years for work and hobby. I knew that was a crappy soldering job I did with a junk cheap soldering iron I should not of been using. Just wanted to play!!! And I payed for it HW max10 fried. Operator screw up!!!!!

This is what I do. Excuse the dirty truck.

20230708_051810.jpg

This is what I do. Excuse the dirty truck.

View attachment 310056
Don't ever try using those half baked things that kinda look like wire holders!!!! They will just hand off your esc wires to the hungry center driveshaft at some point. My youngest son found this out the hard way. Driveshaft almost had a meal. Sorry about stealing your dirty picture.
Screenshot_20230708_063612_Samsung Internet.jpg
sorry o UT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back