Transmitter issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Short story long I have 4 Traxxas Tqi radios. 1 is the 6530 5 channel with the Bluetooth module 2 are the 6528 with TSM and 1 is a 6513-4 without TSM. The 6513-4 won't bind to my 6533 receiver of course so I cannot test that one. The 6530 connects to the receiver everything works as it should. The 2 6528 transmitters will connect I have throttle but no steering. I tried both steering slots and 3 different servos and still no steering. I am at a loss of ideas as to what could be wrong. Anyone else ever ran into this problem?

-edit- I hooked the Bluetooth module to one of the 6528 transmitters and now the steering works.

Last edited:
Found this online. Says you need to update the firmware for the 6533 to work.
Screenshot_2023-08-12-17-01-37-863-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-TQi-Compatibility-Guide

Found this online. Says you need to update the firmware for the 6533 to work.View attachment 316773
https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-TQi-Compatibility-Guide

That's the weird thing the steering used to work with both of the 6528 transmitters the receiver came with one of them.

-edit- So for shits and giggles I put the Bluetooth module into one of the 6528 transmitters and the steering started to work again. Pulled the Bluetooth module back out and it is still working. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
If you plug the steering into the throttle and the throttle into the steering what happens?

Maybe Traxxas did an OTA update to mess you up because of all the smack talk against them 🤣🤣🤣

That's the weird thing the steering used to work with both of the 6528 transmitters the receiver came with one of them.

-edit- So for shits and giggles I put the Bluetooth module into one of the 6528 transmitters and the steering started to work again. Pulled the Bluetooth module back out and it is still working. 🤷‍♂️
That's interesting. So maybe the firmware reverted from sitting with no power and the module updated it? Weird, but as long as it works.
👍😃👍

That's interesting. So maybe the firmware reverted from sitting with no power and the module updated it? Weird, but as long as it works.
👍😃👍
Yeah no idea what happened but it works on the one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back