Notorious Transmitter upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was getting the mt44 from sanwa... Ended up with the M12... But i guess IT depends on what u want it to do.. and your budget

What is your budget?
What features do you want?
Start there and decide what's best for YOU. Research will tell you what's available.

You can download owner's manuals from the Manufacturer's websites. Download a few manuals and read through them. Which ones are well-written and easy to understand? Which one appears easiest to program?

Youtube has dozens of reviews from competent (and NOT so competent) contributors.

After conducting my own research I have decided that my next purchase will be the FlySky FS-GT5.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Anything else in the whole wide world?

A lot is going to depend on your budget and what features you’re looking for. You can get a FlySky GT3 that’s a big upgrade for under $40, or you can spend $300 on a Futaba. For me the Futaba is waaay past the point of diminishing returns, especially for a basher. It might be just what you’re looking for though.

Bottom barrel cheapie but goodie: Dumborc X4 $25 or Tactic TTX300 $30

Bargain multi model: Flysky GT5 or Radiolink RC6GS under $100

High quality multi model: Futaba 3PV or Spektrum DX5 series under $200

Top of the line: Futaba 4 series or Flysky Noble

I know a lot look down on the name flysky but for the money I don't think you can get a better made and feature rich transmitter for lefties. The only thing i would say is the one i got from hobbyking come with 2 or the small antenna less models which don't have the best range, if you want to control the vehicle over 100m away id get one of their receivers that has the antenna. other than that i cant fault it.

Bottom barrel cheapie but goodie: Dumborc X4 $25 or Tactic TTX300 $30

Bargain multi model: Flysky GT5 or Radiolink RC6GS under $100

High quality multi model: Futaba 3PV or Spektrum DX5 series under $200

Top of the line: Futaba 4 series or Flysky Noble
I can vouch for the DumboRC X6. Bought 3 of them to replace FlySky GT3Cs that had range issues. The X6 is more basic, but the range is such that I lose sight of the car before I lose range.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back