Traxxas xo1 owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy of mine has one. Buy a Limitless or an Infraction and be giant leaps ahead of the game.
This!

The X01 seems like a fail compared to the limitless in every way except the fact that it's RTR. I'd even take stock spektrum electronics over traxxas.

This!

The X01 seems like a fail compared to the limitless in every way except the fact that it's RTR. I'd even take stock spektrum electronics over traxxas.
The XO-1 comes with a Castle Mamba Monster 2, not sure if Castle makes the motor as well but it a 1650kv 4895 sized motor and it is about a decade older than the Limitless.

-edit- nope motor is made by Traxxas. I would take that Traxxas branded MM2 over any of the crap escs that Spektrum makes.

The XO-1 comes with a Castle Mamba Monster 2, not sure if Castle makes the motor as well but it a 1650kv 4895 sized motor and it is about a decade older than the Limitless.
That's interesting! I assumed it came with the same 8s electronics that the xrt/xmaxx come with.

The mm2 website says this

1672878822072.png

Thats wild, castle doesn't even think it's good enough for a limitless or the X0-1 but it comes with the X0-1? wtf? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That's interesting! I assumed it came with the same 8s electronics that the xrt/xmaxx come with.

The mm2 website says this

View attachment 267378

Thats wild, castle doesn't even think it's good enough for a limitless or the X0-1 but it comes with the X0-1? wtf? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Traxxas modified it, that is the esc that Traxxas has been using in it for the past decade or so.
1672879335031.png

-edit- I would take what Castle recommends with a grain of salt as they tend underrate certain escs and overrate others. Before the XLX the MM2 was the go to esc for speed runs.

I'd even take stock spektrum electronics over traxxas.

This has turned into a really fun discussion. I’ll submit,
I‘ve never had any issue whatsoever with the 6s Spektrum RTR electronics. Put a fan on the motor, don’t overgear them, and they’re reliable and fast.

This has turned into a really fun discussion. I’ll submit,
I‘ve never had any issue whatsoever with the 6s Spektrum RTR electronics. Put a fan on the motor, don’t overgear them, and they’re reliable and fast.
and they have power buttons!

And hey, let’s be real. Anybody chasing McCoy, Shifrin, or any other heavy hitters with an X01?

And hey, let’s be real. Anybody chasing McCoy, Shifrin, or any other heavy hitters with an X01?
Thats actually a really good point that I never even thought about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back