Typhon Tuggifying my Typhon with Mojave parts, mixed results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relimar

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Build log in case curious and because I wanted more entertainment than burning cash in the front yard, I swapped out the Typhon arms for Mojave arms, Kraton hubs and attempted to cleverly truggify my typhon. Badland 2.8MX belted tires. didn't trim the chassis, couple M3, M4 screws. Mojave arms are way stronger than the typhon ones, thicc.

Stiffened the front springs with Mojave springs and waiting on the rears (typhon def too soft)

Got stuck a few times and overall questionable performance. Fast enough, steering was an issue, taller and got over the bulk of mid-field obstacles. Motor & ECU were def hotter at stock 12-16t pinion whatever it is. Didn't fail, just hot to the touch, cooling next, lexan body is stopping the fans and will be cutting holes.

Switching back to Typhon hubs and will try again.

Tires are good, no ballooning at all, lifted the ride height as planned

60% there.

20220425_230030.jpg
20220501_073239.jpg
20220501_211607.jpg

Last edited:
I’d be worried the wheels will hit the hubs. Before you swap them I would mock up one front hub and verify it will clear.

I’d be worried the wheels will hit the hubs. Before you swap them I would mock up one front hub and verify it will clear.
The Typhon hubs come super close on the top side, I'm filing them down to give it some clearance

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back