Two of my Arrmas first maintenance teardowns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So every once in a while I tear my rigs completely down to thoroughly clean them, check gears and bearings, and really check them out.
With a mixture of alcohol and unbridled masochism, I decided to do both my Kraton 4s V2 and my new infraction all in the same evening.
That first teardown, especially on Arrmas is always about as much fun as a shot of bleach with an ammonia chaser. The peeps they have assembling these things in china or wherever are big believers in loc-tite. So much so, that they bathe each screw in a bucket of the stuff for an hour or so before assembly. They also offer a service where they go ahead and pre-strip screws, so you don’t have to. Don’t get me wrong, these are two of my favorite rigs. But I was creating my own swear words during disassembly of both trucks.
The interesting thing is that the Kraton was about 10 times more difficult to work on than the infraction. The only reason the infraction took longer was because some ham-handed buffoon sent it sideways through a mud hole at 50mph. I really should learn to drive that thing better….

Either way, both trucks are clean, with proper torque on the fasteners, and the correct amount of loc-tite. Next teardown should be way less eventful. Now it’s approaching 2am, and I’m out of beer. Nite peeps!

Nice! Pics or it never happened! 🤪

Here’s mid rebuild on the infraction. Yea, I’m still up. The second pic was after I’d already hosed it off post-crash. It was a mess. Then post-rebuild 😊
4AC296F6-32B4-4A75-8DDA-026B6C56F3DB.jpeg

4561EAF8-4E0F-432E-B26F-3976F1311B02.jpeg

A5E13F60-9D67-4B4B-961C-113D33F3B37F.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back