1st run of my Vendetta and I think i have a problem with the rear diff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadcells

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Vendetta
So I have had it out for 5 min and heard this strange noise. there is oil all around the right side of the diff.
I guess I have to take apart and look at the diff.
Must be a defect or was I suppose to do something with the diff before it's 1st run?
/quadcells

Defect....i got a 199$ detta 2 weeks ago an haven’t opened up diffs yet...i done many 70,80 mph hits an even a couple 100-106 hits with zero issues..outa the factory i do know they don't put much fluid in them...can you describe noise???you may need new ring an pinion gears..id just open ot up an dissamble...pull the guts out diff install them in this an add fluid..ive put these cheap ebay diffs to the test an they can hang on 160mph hits with detta

Screenshot_20230823_060002_eBay.jpg

Thanks for the reply.
I'll see if I can record the noise and post it later.
Then I will disassemble the diff

Thanks for the reply.
I'll see if I can record the noise and post it later.
Then I will disassemble the diff

Yes ,make a short vid and let us have a look.

Possible shock busted a seal..?
Shock looks dry, but I'll remove it and inspeced it.
Thanks
This might be normal noise. My other rig has all metal gears and sounds a lot different.

I see..
From your title, it made it appear you have a bone stock Vendetta...

Well, then you'll definitely need to dismantle the rear diff housing and get a closer look at the upgraded diff.
Perhaps a gasket got pinched or wasn't seated properly when you assembled it (or the gasket was ripped by a screw if it was slightly off center..)

I see..
From your title, it made it appear you have a bone stock Vendetta...

Well, then you'll definitely need to dismantle the rear diff housing and get a closer look at the upgraded diff.
Perhaps a gasket got pinched or wasn't seated properly when you assembled it (or the gasket was ripped by a screw if it was slightly off center..)
Ok I think you misunderstood, the Vendetta has stock diffs.
All I did was add a HR motor mount.
To be clear, when I said "my other rig" I was refering to my RC not the Vendetta.
/quadcells

Last edited:
So I have had it out for 5 min and heard this strange noise. there is oil all around the right side of the diff.
I guess I have to take apart and look at the diff.
Must be a defect or was I suppose to do something with the diff before it's 1st run?
/quadcells
You failed to open all your diffs before its maiden run. Its just a thing. QC is horrible considering these are supposedly RTR. Always been a thing like this. All of the Arrmas. Check for adequately filled diffs.
It's unfortunately no guess that you have to start Wrenching now. Learn by doing. Something is wrong. Just part of the hobby. Check both Fr and Rr diffs naturally, and have the correct diff oil on hand when you do.
It may even be another issue altogether. Need a closer look, by taking all apart. Could be loose parts/diff etc. Just poor QC from the factory.
Look to YT videos for help, if unsure.

You failed to open all your diffs before its maiden run. Its just a thing. QC is horrible considering these are supposedly RTR. Always been a thing like this. All of the Arrmas. Check for adequately filled diffs.
It's unfortunately no guess that you have to start Wrenching now. Learn by doing. Something is wrong. Just part of the hobby. Check both Fr and Rr diffs naturally, and have the correct diff oil on hand when you do.
It may even be another issue altogether. Need a closer look, by taking all apart. Could be loose parts/diff etc. Just poor QC from the factory.
Look to YT videos for help, if unsure.
Thanks,
I have no problems taking my car apart, I have built 3 other MT trucks from the ground up and love tweaking and fixing.
This was my 1st Arrma and 1st non MT.
SInce I'll be taking her apart I will check the fr diff and all the shocks too.
Thanks to everyone, you all are quick to help, I like that.
Once I get all done I'll post back, could be a week or so.
/quadcells

Thanks,
I have no problems taking my car apart, I have built 3 other MT trucks from the ground up and love tweaking and fixing.
This was my 1st Arrma and 1st non MT.
SInce I'll be taking her apart I will check the fr diff and all the shocks too.
Thanks to everyone, you all are quick to help, I like that.
Once I get all done I'll post back, could be a week or so.
/quadcells
Both diff's were binding. They would not move freely and the rear one was the worst.
I really don't like plastic diff gears so since these were binding I picked up a set of Boost Diff's, took them apart cleaned out the gear lube which was low on both of them, refilled and installed on my Vendetta. Nice and smooth now.
Pic of the original rear diff.

20230826_073014.jpg

Oh, shocks were fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back