Typhon Typhon 3s cannot get past 29 mph!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staffydog1977

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
as in title, simply because i CANNOT GET IT TO GO IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!!

Sorry, frustrated...lol.

New transmitter be here couple days....will gyro work/help with that maybe?

Radiolink RC4GS

Or perhaps coz my front wheels are seeming to be soooo wobbly and loose.

Weird, please, any ideas?

thanks
Matt
ps: just realized its on max punch level..lol....any ideas what best level?

Sorry, frustrated...lol.

Radiolink RC4GS

thanks
Matt
Wobbly and loose front end may be the culprit. Try shimming anywhere that has movement to tighten that up.

I recon a gyro may help but it’ll only struggle with that sloppy front end anyway….

Dial down the punch to a mid level and try accelerating slowly and or try a 2S battery,
Things to check.
Is power getting to all wheels? If not it may be an issue with the slipper, drive shaft or diff(F/R)
Are the screws tight for the servo mount and steering linkage? Lift the car and see if the steering swing is the same L and R.

Pics and or video will help a lot to diagnose the problem.

Are all 4 wheels spinning under power? I find that if the front or rear diff input gear goes out, I’m unable to get it to track straight.

Excessive in and out play may be a crapped out bearing. They can separate. Look for a pretty little ring hanging behind the wheel.

First check that everything is correct. No upgrades or mods will help if your basic setup is pulling to one side.
- Adjust steering trim
- Check bearings. Bad bearings can pull the car to one side
- The rod ends and turnbuckles on both sides should be equal lengths. Unequal lengths will prevent straight tracking. I once had a slightly longer shock rod end and it prevented straight line tracking. Took forever to diagnose that.
- Check for loose screws, broken, cracked plastic parts

I have tried ALL the steering upgrades suggested in this forum. Most of them don't make a difference. Everyone tries to reduce slop but that often doesn't make the RC track any straighter. The 3s line has tons of slop, but everything is wobbling in different directions at different times, so it all evens out. Small wobbles don't pull the car in one direction or another. My Granite has tons of slop. It tracks straight.

Slop in the servo link does make a difference. When it wobbles, it turns both front wheels in the same direction at the same time. That will make you swerve. The servo link and its pivot balls can wear down quickly. Replacing them can make a big difference. But stock replacements will wear down quickly again. I use an aluminum servo link. Unfortunately, I don't know of any sold by themselves.

I'm using the red aluminum link provided here (I don't use the servo saver, only the servo link)
https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-ATF48SH02-Fixed-Steering/dp/B07MFRMNW2/ref=sr_1_2?crid=X7SBWAYQINO5&keywords=hot+racing+servo+saver&qid=1655481962&sprefix=hot+racing+servo+saver,aps,60&sr=8-2

The only other option I know of is here (Again, only for the servo link, I've found aluminum steering racks don't make a difference)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MHP46VY/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4?smid=ARMTDID9UIUUQ&psc=1

The only other change that actually made a difference was shimming the steering posts and bellcrank. I knew about this mod for a long time, but didn't try it because it didn't seem like it would make a big difference. I can't explain why it works so well, it just does. Philly_B made an excellent video for it. Philly_B also made an earlier video with all the other upgrades people suggest. They didn't help him track straight. Removing servo link slop and these shims are what made the difference.

Last edited:

Sorry, frustrated...lol.

Radiolink RC4GS

thanks
Matt
I would look into a new 3s lipo I had this problem with my first lipo didn't know it was bad from the factory ordered a ovanic 3s 100c now it hits 80 on 3s 26tooth pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back