Typhon 3S Chassis Availability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipoShirly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Voltage
New to the RC world, just bought a Typhon 3S a few weeks ago and managed to break the chassis and front shock tower. The chassis has been on back-order for over a week now, is this normal with ARRMA? I see that the chassis is shared with a number of other ARRMA models, and I can understand the demand, but should I purchase 2 when they become available? I'm impressed with the car's durability, I've cart wheeled and wrecked it a number of times, unfortunately someone else was driving , lost control and put it into a curb at full speed.
LipoS 1/31/21

1- make the other person pay for the chassis.:LOL:
2- Don't let others drive your rig. :cautious:
An inexperienced driver WILL destroy it. Cracked chassis is hard to do in general if you have any decent driving skills.
Yes the 4x4 chassis do crack. Buy 10 of them. 🤷‍♂️Then you can afford to let others or you break them without having to wait for a year for a chassis. They have been on B/O for way more than 2 weeks. So I think it's a problem issue....Why???? Lets just blame it on Covid, like everyone likes to blame it on.:ROFLMAO:
:cool:

Jennysrc.com seems to be restocking 3s parts pretty regularly so keep checking there. The 3s Typhon, 3s bigrock, and 3s Senton use the same chassis so be sure to check stock under all of these models. Unfortunately all 3 models show chassis out of stock right now but earlier this week I saw them in stock in at least 2 of them.

Well crap, I saw them available on-line the day we broke it, had already told the local hobby shop to order one even though they expected a long lead time. Would rather spend the money locally but knowing now that they are tough to come by I should've ordered it....

Grimbles, I hear you, I see delays on anything coming from oversees. I hadn't really looked into why, the shipping container link was an interesting read, thanks.

SrC, the guy that broke it offered to pay to fix it, but the guy that broke it is also my son-in-law, told him no, rather have him work it off. Guess who's not mowing the yard next year..... and your comment about not letting others drive your rig, funny but that's exactly what the guy at the hobby shop said.

suchTragedy and Be Ready, thanks for the jennysrc link, not sure how I hadn't seen them before.

I'll still buy one from the local shop, but as soon as I find one on-line definitely picking one or two up.

Jennysrc.com seems to be restocking 3s parts pretty regularly so keep checking there. The 3s Typhon, 3s bigrock, and 3s Senton use the same chassis so be sure to check stock under all of these models. Unfortunately all 3 models show chassis out of stock right now but earlier this week I saw them in stock in at least 2 of them.
Hey How You Doing
Quick Question
To Change The Typhon To The Senton What Steps I Have To Take To Make The Switch

Not sure if I'm the best resource for you, just got into RC myself. I have research that a little myself, I think the easier route is Typhon to Big Rock, there is a thread on this in the forum.

Hey How You Doing
Quick Question
To Change The Typhon To The Senton What Steps I Have To Take To Make The Switch
You need to swap everything except the chassis, diffs/towers, and shocks.

- shorter control arms from senton or granite
- axles/hexes from senton, granite, or big rock
- Senton tires
- Senton body mounts
- Senton body
- Senton front/rear bumpers
Optional:
- senton front mud guards and side nerf bars

Not sure if I'm the best resource for you, just got into RC myself. I have research that a little myself, I think the easier route is Typhon to Big Rock, there is a thread on this in the forum.
The big rock conversion needs the same stuff just about except the control arms.

- big rock, granite, or senton axles/hexes
- big rock wheels
- big rock/granite body mounts
- big rock body
- big rock front/rear bumpers
optional:
- big rock or 4s Kraton tall chassis side guards
- granite/big rock wheelie bar

You need to swap everything except the chassis, diffs/towers, and shocks.

- shorter control arms from senton or granite
- axles/hexes from senton, granite, or big rock
- Senton tires
- Senton body mounts
- Senton body
- Senton front/rear bumpers
Optional:
- senton front mud guards and side nerf bars

The big rock conversion needs the same stuff just about except the control arms.

- big rock, granite, or senton axles/hexes
- big rock wheels
- big rock/granite body mounts
- big rock body
- big rock front/rear bumpers
optional:
- big rock or 4s Kraton tall chassis side guards
- granite/big rock wheelie bar
Ok Thanks A lot That’s More Then I Thought Guess I’ll Just Be Buying A Senton Straight Up Now

New to the RC world, just bought a Typhon 3S a few weeks ago and managed to break the chassis and front shock tower. The chassis has been on back-order for over a week now, is this normal with ARRMA? I see that the chassis is shared with a number of other ARRMA models, and I can understand the demand, but should I purchase 2 when they become available? I'm impressed with the car's durability, I've cart wheeled and wrecked it a number of times, unfortunately someone else was driving , lost control and put it into a curb at full speed.
LipoS 1/31/21
I've got two brand new ones and you can have one for..........

I've got two brand new ones and you can have one for.......
Ok... that's actually pretty funny....

I finally found and purchased 2 chassis on-line through "My Tobbies" out of Tampa Florida. I was hesitant to make the purchase as the place sounded a little sketchy, its in the MALL (oh the humanity, who goes into a mall anymore) , but was desperate and pulled the trigger. After the purchase I did find a forum member, PaulB90 that actually knows the owner and calmed my fears. Anyway, just received the USPS confirmation that they should arrive on Monday, which is fine, too cold to do much outdoors right now any way.

Good news , both chassis arrived today ( original tracking said not until Monday) and now the bad news .... they are the wrong ones...... They sent the wrong P/N, I got 2 of the SWB instead..... Just got off the phone with Tobbies , actually spoke with the guy that shipped them , very apologetic , will send the right ones on Monday along with a return shipping label for the 2 I have. Sounds like they will make it right, all I ask.

glad you got it sorted it, the waiting is always the hardest part..lol

you got me thinking i may need to get an extra chassis just in case...lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back