Typhon 3s to 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not. I’m not aware of any good aftermarket driveshafts for the Typhon. You may just want to keep spares on hand. Try not to land on power and adjust the slipper if needed.

Imo, the 3s rigs can decently handle continuous power, just not frequent insta-torque changes such as: landing jumps on power, sudden changes in speed (going from low grip to high grip surfaces, or hitting a wall), quick changes from reverse to forward, etc. Training your trigger finger to tame the 4s power and apply it at the "appropriate times" will be the best bang for you buck method to make the stock truck last a while. The other route (upgrades) just costs lots of money.

But that's how I'd do it.

Throttle control and a good slipper setting the stock driveshafts will be just fine. You will want to get the arrma sleeve for the output of the transmission or do the velo sleeve mod using a bearing to keep the output from mushrooming and stripping out. I converted my 3s typhon to 4s with the 130a spektrum and 1900kv spektrum motor. It's an absolute blast with mojave wheels and tires.

It's pretty much official at this point. :ROFLMAO: Arrma should rename the part
I guess there’s a thin line between inventing and promoting so I will go with it and enjoy the teeny tiny spotlight shining on me 😃

Imo, the 3s rigs can decently handle continuous power, just not frequent insta-torque changes such as: landing jumps on power, sudden changes in speed (going from low grip to high grip surfaces, or hitting a wall), quick changes from reverse to forward, etc. Training your trigger finger to tame the 4s power and apply it at the "appropriate times" will be the best bang for you buck method to make the stock truck last a while. The other route (upgrades) just costs lots of money.

But that's how I'd do it.
I will heed your advice. I am learning all the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back