Typhon TYPHON 6S V5 VITAVON HUBS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres 2 kinds of the HR hubs...
Even on the tag these said for the Typhon..
I wish i got these online..id return em...

View attachment 257383
Wow, that’s some BS. Kraton has thicker hubs than Typhon, that’s why you need the longer stub axles and the different hexes. Package should not say Typhon on it. Return it to HH and ask for an exchange?

Wow, that’s some BS. Kraton has thicker hubs than Typhon, that’s why you need the longer stub axles and the different hexes. Package should not say Typhon on it. Return it to HH and ask for an exchange?
Sadly i got these from my local HObby Shop and lost the reciept..so im OUT OF LUCK...LOL.
And now gotta return the other ones..those work but the pin doesn't go in..its close but its like they milled it bad in the inside were the big bearing is.
Heres my quick vid

Sadly i got these from my local HObby Shop and lost the reciept..so im OUT OF LUCK...LOL.
And now gotta return the other ones..those work but the pin doesn't go in..its close but its like they milled it bad in the inside were the big bearing is.

Heres my quick vid
I just got a Kraton6s last week, I might be interested in buying the Kraton hubs from you, pm me if it's something you'd consider

6s rigs have two types of hubs. The Typhon/Fel./Lim.(V1) Infr. are different from the others. So are the matching stub axels respectively.
I believe the V2 Lim uses the wider Hubs/axles at the Rear. Not 100% sure.

I just got a Kraton6s last week, I might be interested in buying the Kraton hubs from you, pm me if it's something you'd consider
I might sell em..i just hope they work for the K6...
Congrats on the K6..i like mine
I got some ATOMIC RC ones for that.
6s rigs have two types of hubs. The Typhon/Fel./Lim. Infr. are different from the others. So are the matching stub axels respectively.
OK TY...appreciate it

Nope that is correct. The V1 Arrma cars all used the same hubs, with different hexes and stub axles for the Kraton and Talion. Kraton and Talion were 100% the same minus body and tires. And he's putting them on a Typhon so yes they should say Typhon on them.

Heres my quick vid
That stinks. It could happen to me as well. The main man at my LHS really only speaks Traxxas. He just doesn’t have any real experience with the 6s Arrmas, even though he sells them. He can regurgitate 10 year old part numbers for any TRX but say “Arrma” and his eyes just glaze over.
Nope that is correct. The V1 Arrma cars all used the same hubs, with different hexes and stub axles for the Kraton and Talion. Kraton and Talion were 100% the same minus body and tires. And he's putting them on a Typhon so yes they should say Typhon on them.
I believe you, but we’re up to V5 now. The part numbers for the hubs are now different from the Kraton to the Typhon. If they would have worked for the Typhon he should have been able to install those Kraton ones with his own axles and hexes from the Typhon, right?

That stinks. It could happen to me as well. The main man at my LHS really only speaks Traxxas. He just doesn’t have any real experience with the 6s Arrmas, even though he sells them. He can regurgitate 10 year old part numbers for any TRX but say “Arrma” and his eyes just glaze over.

I believe you, but we’re up to V5 now. The part numbers for the hubs are now different from the Kraton to the Typhon. If they would have worked for the Typhon he should have been able to install those Kraton ones with his own axles and hexes from the Typhon, right?

Yes Hot Racing needs to update their packaging to say V1 Kraton.

Yes but that has nothing to do with the pillow balls binding.

Heres my quick vid
That stinks, sorry to hear. So, are they the wrong ones completely? How tight are they? A little binding would likely wear in.. might sacrifice some pivot balls in the process though.. could too much anodizing cause them to be too tight?

That stinks, sorry to hear. So, are they the wrong ones completely? How tight are they? A little binding would likely wear in.. might sacrifice some pivot balls in the process though.. could too much anodizing cause them to be too tight?
IM unsure....but they bind up completly...

I completely missed the part that @Brainsick67 bought some RCAWD hubs as well. The RCAWD ones are made wrong, I've seen it posted on the Facebook groups a few different times, nothing lines up, this is typical for RCAWD their parts are the worst.

I completely missed the part that @Brainsick67 bought some RCAWD hubs as well. The RCAWD ones are made wrong, I've seen it posted on the Facebook groups a few different times, nothing lines up, this is typical for RCAWD their parts are the worst.
Ohh man..no way?
They contacted me and asked if i wanted to try another set..i said YES...

IM unsure....but they bind up completly...

You mentioned you lost your receipt.

This is what I would try at this point in time but idk how well it will work. Buy some lapping compound, put some on the inside of the hubs where the pivot balls ride, put the pivot balls in with the retainers, chuck the ends of the pivot balls into a drill and let er rip. Again Idk if it will work but I think it could fix the area where the pivot ball rides enough so they don't bind up.
Ohh man..no way?
They contacted me and asked if i wanted to try another set..i said YES...
I bought a haul of their parts for another car like 2-3 years ago, literally everything was garbage, the parts that did fit added so much slop the car was undrivable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back