Typhon Typhon center diff cup replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had my diffs apart since I put mugen shims in them, but when I installed them, they felt a lot "harder" than the arrma shims, which is why I took out all the arrma shims and used the mugen ones only inside the cups. Just felt like a higher temper metal.

I haven't had my diffs apart since I put mugen shims in them, but when I installed them, they felt a lot "harder" than the arrma shims, which is why I took out all the arrma shims and used the mugen ones only inside the cups. Just felt like a higher temper metal.
Well I broke down and ordered the Mugen E0206 diff was her sets X2, one for the Kraton and one for the typhon. Will cost between $18-20 cdn a set, a little cheaper than the $30 but still expensive for washers,lol. Also ordered the stock shims to have on hand if needed.

Well I broke down and ordered the Mugen E0206 diff was her sets X2, one for the Kraton and one for the typhon. Will cost between $18-20 cdn a set, a little cheaper than the $30 but still expensive for washers,lol. Also ordered the stock shims to have on hand if needed.
Starting to add up pretty quick eh? Gotta love this hobby.

Damn, I just spent $200 last week and now this. I swear that after I buy “this” that I won’t be buying anything more...then BOOM something else pops..man o man this friggin rabbit hole sucks
Better than booze and hookers. Wait, I take that back. Wanna buy a mint condition used Notorious :cool:

On my first take I added the 1 mugen shims to each of the small gears and a 1 mugen shim behind the big gear inside the diff cup, assembled with gasket and it had some resistance but I could feel the gears clicking together. Second take, kept it the same as first take but added a 1 mugen shim behind the spur gear and assembled with gasket..had slightly more resistance than the first take and could feel the gears clicking..3rd take I removed the shims behind the spur gear and big gear inside the diff cup, assembled with gasket and couldn’t feel the gears clicking, resistance was slightly less than first take but felt the smoothest of all three takes.. never done this before so it’s hard to know which one is the best....I think I’d go with my last try. What do you guys think?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back