Grom TYPHON GROM 😁👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want that Typhon, if I can see the screws, I might start a collection. 🤣 I worry about the size. 24/ scale is not for me.:cool:. 18/ might work.:rolleyes:. Did this, no more small ones. View attachment 354779

Do you think the size is good? As far as GROMS go??
Yeah, they're easy to work on, at least my granite Grom is.

Did they give a release date? I've preordered, but I haven't heard anything.
Amain is saying the 28th..

476664DF-9780-4E96-A9D0-6AA3B35BA99A.jpeg

I’m gonna get both colors. I have 2 Granite Groms. I’ll go brushless in one. (Mine) and the other one stock. For the wife. She loves the small scale rippers.

1/18 scale has a lot of options out there for wheels and covers. Could turn this Typhon grom into a drifter 😁

I’m gonna get both colors. I have 2 Granite Groms. I’ll go brushless in one. (Mine) and the other one stock. For the wife. She loves the small scale rippers.
How do you like the granite grom ? Post a pic of yours .I want to see how small they are👍

Last edited:
I'm seeing a few Typhon groms for auction 👍🤷

I think these small scale RCs are perfect for a little one .I have a 8 year old nephew that I'm thinking of getting him one and seeing how he likes it.actually I'll try it out first😁👍then let him play with it ,if he likes it then he keeps it .if he doesn't care about it then it's mine 👍

I've been hoping for one of these for ages! As soon as I heard the rumors and then saw the early releases on Youtube I called my hobby shop and reserved one lol. Now that it's official I'm first in line!

1/18th is a great scale for it too, any smaller and it feels more like a toy, suspension doesn't really do much, but this is perfect for an indoor track, especially with a brushed motor.

I did see that Arrma has two redirects in place on their website to a Mojave Grom and a Vorteks Grom, so we'll have to see when they get announced too. Going to have a whole fleet of Arrma minis for my basement track, can't wait!

I've been hoping for one of these for ages! As soon as I heard the rumors and then saw the early releases on Youtube I called my hobby shop and reserved one lol. Now that it's official I'm first in line!

1/18th is a great scale for it too, any smaller and it feels more like a toy, suspension doesn't really do much, but this is perfect for an indoor track, especially with a brushed motor.

I did see that Arrma has two redirects in place on their website to a Mojave Grom and a Vorteks Grom, so we'll have to see when they get announced too. Going to have a whole fleet of Arrma minis for my basement track, can't wait!
🤔 Can we see your basement track?? That would be some nice eye 🍬 🍭

Let me know when they have a Infraction Grom link / redirect 😄

Let me know when they have a Infraction Grom link / redirect 😄
Oh hell yeah 🥰 tons of sweet speed covers for 1/18 scale I could use ..I only wish they had more options in 1/7 and 1/5 scale .tired of seeing the same ones around all the time ..for a 1/18 scale I could use so many drift shells .the choices are overwhelming.i want them all 🤣🤣

🤔 Can we see your basement track?? That would be some nice eye 🍬 🍭
Unfortunately my basement saw an influx of.. erm.. baby stuff.. so it's currently just a basic oval with a jump (not pictured). Lost some of the real estate. But I've done some wild things down there for both 1/16th and 1/24th scale and plan to build it back up once we get some stuff out of here.

F37200F5-ABFF-4A05-83F1-A8B6F1F1D628_1_105_c.jpeg

Here are some previous tracks with different cars:

Mini-B:
Mini-Z:
Mini-B again:

Seems to me that one fun option is to make the little Typhon really fast. Not for speedrunning and then having to wait to cool down but to race / bash around.. Perhaps at 3 or 4s and some brushless combo. A bit of a show of tiny rig.

Cool thing is that small objects look faster. So what speeds are within easy and practical range with this little Typhon?

Oops - just saw this thread already longer. Will ask that question there.

Last edited:
Back