Grom New typhon grom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is 2848 the max u can fit?

gawd damn, after watching the video my original question was stupid. You turned that thing into a rocket :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
is 2848 the max u can fit?
There is room for more, but the 2848 already intrudes on the fan space. I have a Rocket 390 (49.5mm) in my Granite Grom, that is right up to the chassis brace. But there is more room to work with on the Typhon, at least length wise. There is probably about 10mm until the chassis brace on the Typhon with the 2848, and you could shave that down too and have room all the way up to the ESC/Servo tray

There is room for more, but the 2848 already intrudes on the fan space. I have a Rocket 390 (49.5mm) in my Granite Grom, that is right up to the chassis brace. But there is more room to work with on the Typhon, at least length wise. There is probably about 10mm until the chassis brace on the Typhon with the 2848, and you could shave that down too and have room all the way up to the ESC/Servo tray
Man that thing looked uncontrollable on 3s, your video with that hw setup really has me tempted tbh. I dunno how I will manage to work on such a tiny car with my big ass hands though :ROFLMAO:

I wonder what the 12mm tire options look like.

Man that thing looked uncontrollable on 3s, your video with that hw setup really has me tempted tbh. I dunno how I will manage to work on such a tiny car with my big ass hands though :ROFLMAO:

I wonder what the 12mm tire options look like.
It is! Lol.

The Granite is the same way. 3S is just for speed run/bragging rights, unless you limit throttle. 50+ on 2S is all it needs to have all the fun you want.

Need to get used to how this handles, and mess with the gyro a bit more. Pretty much took it off the bench and threw it on the street.

Wow, that little thing is FAST 💨
Can you provide me/us with the part numbers of the parts you used?
Hobbywing 10BL60 ESC
Hobbywing XERun 2848 4600kv motor
LC Racing L6145 21T pinion
Arrma ARA320744 motor mount set
Radiolink R6FG gyro receiver
Radiolink RC6GS v3 radio
HRB 2200mah Graphene 2S batt
HRB 2200mah Lipo 3S batt
Hot Racing GRM2401 servo mount
Arrma ARA311193 steel upgrade differentials

Hobbywing 10BL60 ESC
Radiolink RC6GS v3 radio
HRB 2200mah Lipo 3S batt
Those 10BL60 and BL120 ESC's are really great value for money.
I now see HW has a 10BL120 G2 available with better specs, nice! And also a waterproof 150A QuicRun.

But what a cool built this Typhon Grom, and I do like that XERun motor, will consider that for my WLToys 124016, so I can run it sensored.

Seems to me that one fun option is to make the little Typhon really fast. Not for speedrunning and then having to wait to cool down but to race / bash around.. Perhaps at 3 or 4s and some brushless combo. A bit of a show of tiny rig.

Cool thing is that small objects look faster. So what speeds are within easy and practical range with this little Typhon?

Update: Just realizing how small this thing is after putting the Traxxas 1:18 on the table and checking measurements. Typhon Grom just a bit bigger. 4s not going to happen unless it's extreme speed racing. 3s probably total overkill after seeing the video above.

Last edited:
Seems to me that one fun option is to make the little Typhon really fast. Not for speedrunning and then having to wait to cool down but to race / bash around.. Perhaps at 3 or 4s and some brushless combo. A bit of a show of tiny rig.

Cool thing is that small objects look faster. So what speeds are within easy and practical range with this little Typhon?
So my Granite Grom does great with low punch, high timing. Will run 53 on 2S, and still very controllable, bashable, and fun.

Typhon did great on basically the same 2S setup, definitely benefitted from the longer wheel base. Should be good for a little more but probably not much. I could limit throttle on 3S I guess and see where things start to go downhill. Gyro helps. But I would say 50 and below should be no problem.

Will get some more stick time with it shortly. Had some fun at a skatepark today, first time out for me. Went in with 3 RC's and left with 3 broken RC's so I think I did it right? All pretty minor injuries though so I can't complain too much. Operator error :geek:

So my Granite Grom does great with low punch, high timing. Will run 53 on 2S, and still very controllable, bashable, and fun.

Typhon did great on basically the same 2S setup, definitely benefitted from the longer wheel base. Should be good for a little more but probably not much. I could limit throttle on 3S I guess and see where things start to go downhill. Gyro helps. But I would say 50 and below should be no problem.

Will get some more stick time with it shortly. Had some fun at a skatepark today, first time out for me. Went in with 3 RC's and left with 3 broken RC's so I think I did it right? All pretty minor injuries though so I can't complain too much. Operator error :geek:

I'm a basher. Break enough stuff just goofing around. The skatepark was an eye opener. You can do some real damage there. Lol.

Love this car. Perfect to mess with my own logical reasoning (in a very very good way).

Found a welcome excuse. I thought if I'm willing to buy this one I might as well first buy Kraton hubs, stubs for the Typhon 6s for the MX28 that are lying around unused. Is the cheaper option. (y)

Feels good as I spent less and still have the option to buy the Typhon Grom. So logical and also so real!! You just got to know your RC-math! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤪

Last edited:
Hobbywing 10BL60 ESC
Radiolink RC6GS v3 radio
HRB 2200mah Lipo 3S batt
Hello I’m new to this hobby so bare with me how can I tell what size battery to look for in this case for the grom I have the regular one that fit on a 1/10 scale granite. Do I just look up 1/14 scale battery and go with those? Or is there a specific name to those type of battery size lipo ? TIA :)

Hello I’m new to this hobby so bare with me how can I tell what size battery to look for in this case for the grom I have the regular one that fit on a 1/10 scale granite. Do I just look up 1/14 scale battery and go with those? Or is there a specific name to those type of battery size lipo ? TIA :)
Batteries from a 1/14 scale may work, but best bet is to look at the battery tray dimensions that Arrma lists and make sure yours is that size or smaller.
I ordered several different batteries from Amazon so I could easily return what I didn't like, and kept the ones that fit best.

I run HRB 2200mah 2S and 3S packs in both the Granite Grom and Typhon Grom.

Batteries from a 1/14 scale may work, but best bet is to look at the battery tray dimensions that Arrma lists and make sure yours is that size or smaller.
I ordered several different batteries from Amazon so I could easily return what I didn't like, and kept the ones that fit best.

I run HRB 2200mah 2S and 3S packs in both the Granite Grom and Typhon Grom.
what type of connectors did you solder into ur esc? I was thinking of doing EC5 since all my batterys have that but the gauge wire might be tooo small for that what do you think? I know the OEM one comes with IC2. Should I just order a battery and change it to IC2?

what type of connectors did you solder into ur esc? I was thinking of doing EC5 since all my batterys have that but the gauge wire might be tooo small for that what do you think? I know the OEM one comes with IC2. Should I just order a battery and change it to IC2?
XT60 is pretty popular, I used them on my Gromzilla build.

D7984C1F-E102-4315-B14B-1DCC1E4D17A4.jpeg

Back