Typhon Typhon leaking shocks - Any Fix or Possible upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtmracer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Brand new 3S shocks just keep leaking :(

Anyone got any working fixes? thinking of upgrading to the 6s set but they are like £70 for front/rear so like £140 upgrade annoys me! Also not sure if i would trust arma shocks again.. any other shocks fit?? :)

any help appreciated :)

Exactly as above, I bought a shock repair kit that had new o-rings and rebuilt. Resolved the leaking. Not sure what the stock rings are made of but they deteriorate pretty quick under heavy load :(

The new 3s silicone o-rings are supposedly the fix for this, but I personally don't like the cartridge cap design of the 3s shock. I've used o-rings from Amazon that have held up against leaks and others have used some Traxxas blue ones too

The 6s shocks are in a whole other league and would make a great upgrade

Hot racing shock bodies, I have them my outcast 4s.I think there great and they were like 20$ for a set .

Question on buying the 6s shocks for the Typhon 3s:
Are the right ones to buy the 104mm for front and 117mm for back? Those were the closest lengths I found to stock 3s but they’re still a few mm off. Also which springs would you get? I found 70mm and 84mm. I don’t understand the springy-ness measurement, one is 75.5gf/mm and the other 56.6gf/mm. Those who have modded this, your advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

The new 3s silicone o-rings are supposedly the fix for this, but I personally don't like the cartridge cap design of the 3s shock. I've used o-rings from Amazon that have held up against leaks and others have used some Traxxas blue ones too

The 6s shocks are in a whole other league and would make a great upgrade

Hello. Do you know where I can buy 6s shocks to my 3s typhon? I don't find it any place. Hope you can help.

P.S What about Big gore aluminum shocks? Could they be good? Sell them on eBay for 39 dollar. Sry.my.english.

Hello. Do you know where I can buy 6s shocks to my 3s typhon? I don't find it any place. Hope you can help.

P.S What about Big gore aluminum shocks? Could they be good? Sell them on eBay for 39 dollar. Sry.my.english.
The 6s shocks are usually sold out everywhere. You can try Badtouch Breakers and Jennys RC, or you might get lucky on eBay

You might want to check out this thread if you're looking for shock upgrades:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Last edited:
I bought the Big Bore ones for my Senton. They are much better than the stock shocks. The holes at the top of the big bore are too big for the screws so you get a bit of wobble if you just fit straight. I cut some silicone fuel tube into short chunks and used them to sleave the screws to make them fit snugly. Some brass tube would probably do the trick as well.

I also have a set of these (picture below) coming from Banggood tomorrow. I'll let you know what they are like but reviews say loads of people have fitted them to Arrma cars and they are all impressed.
Screenshot_20200908-205626_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200908-212341_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the Big Bore ones for my Senton. They are much better than the stock shocks. The holes at the top of the big bore are too big for the screws so you get a bit of wobble if you just fit straight. I cut some silicone fuel tube into short chunks and used them to sleave the screws to make them fit snugly. Some brass tube would probably do the trick as well.

I also have a set of these (picture below) coming from Banggood tomorrow. I'll let you know what they are like but reviews say loads of people have fitted them to Arrma cars and they are all impressed.View attachment 99042

View attachment 99044
Most guys have great luck with these for the upper shock mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051W7R1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DI.vFbMKXM696

Thanks Slick but can't get hold of them anywhere in the U.K.. The fuel tube does the trick.

The Banggood / ZD Racing shocks just arrived and they are REALLY nice. Excellent quality and solid as a rock. Came fully filled with oil but don't know what grade, seems about 600 cst so should be about right. I also picked up some of their m4 thread /3mm hole aluminium ball links that should be a direct replacement for the Arrma ones (May need a width spacer on each of the balls but I have those already just in case.). I'll fit both tonight and let you know.
20200909_152610.jpg

All fitted to the Big Rock. They look good and work well. I needed some short bits of fuel tube to 'bush' the top of them so they fit in the mounts with the 3mm screw and no wobble. I also had to fit spacers at the bottom to move them away from the drive shaft and slightly longer screws to compensate. I had spacers but a 3mm nut would do the job just as well.
IMG_20200909_183410.jpg

IMG_20200909_183509.jpg

IMG_20200909_183543.jpg

Last edited:
*Edit* Scrub that. I asked a question then realised it was a stupid question.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back