Typhon Mega Driveshaft Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschlosser0405

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
So I went down the hole of upgrading my daughters Typhon Mega. I'd like to know my options for upgraded driveshafts if there are any. I have seen the mega cvd's but I have 17mm hex's on it. Are there any durable metal cvd's that will work? Thanks.

None that work any better than stock. 4x4's are this way.
Stocker Plastic is cheaper to replace anyway.
A well adjusted slipper clutch will help reduce axel issues.

None that work any better than stock. 4x4's are this way.
Stocker Plastic is cheaper to replace anyway.
A well adjusted slipper clutch will help reduce axel issues.
Thanks for the reply. The only issue I have had so far is snapping the center driveshaft. I got a small rock stuck under it and it ground a groove almost through it. Didn't see it until it was too late. Next time I ran a 4s pack it snapped in the first 30 seconds. I believe I have the slipper set pretty good but time will tell. This is the first time I have run the 3s slipper. Just swapped out the mega last week. Any tips on setting it?

There are aluminum centre driveshafts for the Arrma 4x4s on ebays. Haven't seen anyone use them yet so not sure if their any good.

as SRC said...long as slipper is adjusted an running buggy tires you shouldnt have problems.all in all very strong axles.guys are running almost 150mph with them axles..bigger tires break them..if you make axles stronger then ya start stripping rear diff,ring an pinion....if ya ever owned a slash then you know these axles are great.spent over 100 on axles for slash in less than a year...broke one every time on 3s.

Slipper adjustment won't stop rocks wearing driveshafts

Slipper adjustment will help from breaking axles...you must be talking about the CENTER DRIVESHAFT.he means axles
Thanks for the reply. The only issue I have had so far is snapping the center driveshaft. I got a small rock stuck under it and it ground a groove almost through it. Didn't see it until it was too late. Next time I ran a 4s pack it snapped in the first 30 seconds. I believe I have the slipper set pretty good but time will tell. This is the first time I have run the 3s slipper. Just swapped out the mega last week. Any tips on setting it?

I said it before, you are not alone. It happens. Rocks and all. For a rock to groove out a plastic Center driveshaft, that was user error.
Best to look for rocks and debris more frequently when bashing. 4x4 rigs need this frequent maintenance. There are threads here in regards. Search for different solutions.
Some have used Dusty Motors chassis covers and similar with results.
Food for thought.

Thanks everyone. I am definitely happy with how the entire drivetrain has handled the abuse. The rock was a freak thing, has only happened once, I just wasn't prepared yet with spare anything haha. I am running 2.8 belted badlands so they aren't horribly oversized I guess. I actually do have a 4Pede turned slash, I have the Tekno m6 driveshafts/axles all around on that. I have run that on 4s with a castle 1415 2400kv for a long time and it is solid. Haven't broken anything on it in probably a year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back