Typhon Typhon TLR: I‘m lovin‘ it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little "plastic clip spacer" as you refer to is the "Pill Mount" Holding the H. Pins. I would look into your TLRT manual better to understand what they actually do. You MUST replace that if it is damaged or cracked. The included bag of inserts has all different styles in "Pairs" for L-and R hand sides. I found myself having to buy them, when I am short of a matched set. (n)And the actual Pill you use must Be a match to the other side exactly. No way a round this. Or your suspension alignment will be all Jacked up !! You cant just randomly install a another. Need to refer to the TLRT Pill Chart in the manual specifically.
I have even had mine fly off, a goner, with Hinge Pins bent up and all.

Last edited:
first off, the dude abides and awesome avatar

thanks for the idea here, i recently got a TLRT from the Amazon special where they were like $419. I don't bash it hard, just not my style. I do take it to the skatepark and enjoy it though. Recently my driver front pin came out of the an arm while jumping around and I just completed the replacement of it. What method can I take to skip this style of pin if there is an alternative? I looked at the shoppable diagram on the nonTLR Typhon and say that it definitely looks different right there, almost like a rivet? If I were to change my front shock tower to like an MRC one or something, would that solve this? I love the look of the TLR front shock brace but the pin coming out doesn't seem to be a one-off problem for just me apparently. Thanks for any advice!
Thanks, man! As for the TLR, I’m not sure what it would entail and what you’d need to swap out from a V5.
Yo, Steve…. @SrC If you were getting rid of the pill arrangement on a TLTR and wanted the more robust V5 arrangement for bashing what would have to be swapped over?

I’ve bashed crap out of my TLR. No issues. Yet….

Thanks, man! As for the TLR, I’m not sure what it would entail and what you’d need to swap out from a V5.
Yo, Steve…. @SrC If you were getting rid of the pill arrangement on a TLTR and wanted the more robust V5 arrangement for bashing what would have to be swapped over?
I have broken/popped a Rear Pill and H. Pin just once.
But at The Front have busted all too many times for my blood/ liking.
I would just start with the front first. I would go M2C front tower, M2c alloy A, B and upper B blocks. HR's or whatever are fine also. Your call. While using the longer Standard Typhon Hinge Pins. Being a buggy with the exposed Front tower, I would want a beefy M2C tower there. JBI is another option. Def not CF there.
I am not a fan of the EXB equivalent parts comparatively speaking. But that is subjective. Its your wallet.
With the rear Tower, I don't know who makes a replacement that has the same unique TLRT rear shock tower Geometry Just to match the front tower . I like that rear Tower TLRT geometry myself. I think it is important to maintain it., The TLRT Rear Tower has nice "Roll Center" adjustability. Want to keep that myself.
IMHO, you only need to change the C and D blocks to delete the rear Pills anyway.
I like how I am dialed and hate to make the swap or any changes TBH, this will only make the nose heavier also, (n) but may have to. Simple love taps can break those pills. It really sucks. Pills and H. pins go flying, lost and all.
And I only run 4s packs and don't send it. Imagine this on 6s sending this thing.??? 6s was way over powered for me.

Edited.

Last edited:
Is it possible to run the RTR Typhon TLR on 3S?
The instruction manual says 4S or 6S, but I think the Spektrum 150A ESC also works on 3S.
Whats do you think?

Yes you can run 3s. The ESC's Retail version of the manual will spec that ESC as low as 3s packs. Ideally with a proper Pinion. But see how it goes. A TLRT Typhon is light enough and this may work to your liking. IDK. Will be slower for sure. Easier to drive. You may need as different pinion. Just Not too big.
>>>>I find 4s packs to be spot on for me. Just right for this light buggy. And 58mph is plenty fast for me. (22T pin. /50T spur )
On 6s I didn't like it. Just me. Just too wild.

I cutted out the window stickers on the outside of the body.
Because that you have a narrow window frame, you have a leeway of about 2mm.

>>>>I find 4s packs to be spot on for me. Just right for this light buggy.

4S is the sweet spot, that's true.
But I also have a 3S-LiPo and I wanted to know if it is safe to put it into the TLT RTR.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back