Typhon Typhon TLR shock comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
I just rebuilt and evaluated a few different shocks for a Frankenstein build. I’m doing. One of them was the TLR typhon shocks which I was always curious about how legit they were. So I figured I’d post what I saw.

Basically, they are the same, except for the piston has a nicer shape to it, and the O-rings are a little X cross-section type rings with a slightly different spacer holding them in. Everything else is the same. It’s just different colors. They are also longer than the commonly used Kraton 6S upgrade.

The tlr pics are the first ones with the white oring. I also had a set of Kyosho MP 10 shocks as an option. And although the TLR shocks seem really good and even the base 6s ones are quite good, the Kyosho ones are definitely a step up in all regards. But I’m gonna stick with the TLR ones because they fit with my build theme better. I was going to try to cannibalize the caps and collars from those, but they are different thread sizes.

88845100-56FC-46AF-A71C-69728A2D538C.jpeg

55DF67B4-D045-4854-B520-3333DBDC477C.jpeg

BF205DC7-0B86-40AA-BD88-30470311F805.jpeg

0AE15E05-72A5-4839-AEF1-6322FA67B1C5.jpeg

57B6356B-9F56-4F79-A4B9-C22813EB9418.jpeg

8FE0D8E3-0FA0-4932-8161-90D169814E98.jpeg

Kyosho

013E177E-AFC7-4CAA-A010-FDD69E896972.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been running the TLR parts in my Infraction shocks for awhile. The x-rings, cartridges and pistons make a difference in handling and tire wear.

The pistons on the TLR are different front and rear (black 4 holes vs white 8 holes) the infraction uses 8 holes all around, so that's what I used.
I wish Titanium coated shafts were available, that would really round them off.

Interesting.... debated on getting the tlr shocks but may just order the internals for my stock shocks then. I do have a set of m2c pistons/caps i could run but may hold off on those for another build.

Interesting.... debated on getting the tlr shocks but may just order the internals for my stock shocks then. I do have a set of m2c pistons/caps i could run but may hold off on those for another build.
I wondered if the internals would fit as well. I haven’t gone to the M2C stuff because I’m not a fan of emulsion style setups. I like to balance all my shocks by the rebound.

Oh, I was thinking the same thing, especially since they are cheaper than the more popular sizes on Jenny’s, and that way you can modify any length to have the TLR internals, since the TLR shocks are longer than many people would want

Oh, I was thinking the same thing, especially since they are cheaper than the more popular sizes on Jenny’s, and that way you can modify any length to have the TLR internals, since the TLR shocks are longer than many people would want
I was going to build a typhon to play around with and set up a little track outside and put the tlr shocks on it but i may go this way and see what happens. Have them all in my cart on horizon hahahaha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back