Typhon Typhon truggyfied

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey guys, so I'm runing my Typhon truggyfied on 6s and my Badlands 2.8 are balooning too much . Is there a way to reduce that balooning with a different diff oil . For now I'm stock front and rear and 200K center. Thanks

I am not an expert but maybe kick the center up to 500K. Or consider going with belted tires.

I have the MX28s on 4S and can’t stop them from ballooning either. I just decided to live with it. I also own the Belted Trenchers, which don’t balloon at all and really don’t feel that different on the truck. I’m still dialing in a few things on my rigs, but my next bash will be a comparison of the two tires on my Granite BLX 3S.

I am not an expert but maybe kick the center up to 500K. Or consider going with belted tires.
Thanks man, my Badlands are brand new so for now i will try to go a different route. I'll wait for more replys I'll may consider going 500k center if that could help front tires not ballooning .
I have the MX28s on 4S and can’t stop them from ballooning either. I just decided to live with it. I also own the Belted Trenchers, which don’t balloon at all and really don’t feel that different on the truck. I’m still dialing in a few things on my rigs, but my next bash will be a comparison of the two tires on my Granite BLX 3S.
Please post a video of your comparison and tag me ??

Hey guys, so I'm runing my Typhon truggyfied on 6s and my Badlands 2.8 are balooning too much . Is there a way to reduce that balooning with a different diff oil . For now I'm stock front and rear and 200K center. Thanks
Have you vented the tires @MarioM? A couple of small holes at 12 and 6 o'clock will really help reduce ballooning. Couple of good threads that offer different ways to do it. 200k in the center should be more than enough to balance the load.

Have you vented the tires @MarioM? A couple of small holes at 12 and 6 o'clock will really help reduce ballooning. Couple of good threads that offer different ways to do it. 200k in the center should be more than enough to balance the load.
I vented mine and it helped a lot. At one point I had them wrapped with fishing braid and that pretty much eliminated it.

I need to try that, I was afraid of doing so but I will as every body tell me it's better so I will punch holes and tape the holes in rim . Thanks guys ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back