Typhon Typhon V4 6s BLX converted into a Truggified Typhon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwagMamba35

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Alright I'm sure this post has been running around for awhile but I wanted to know what parts are needed to Truggify my Typhon V4 6s BLX? Also if someone has part numbers too I would greatly appreciate it. I see people doing the Hex extenders but I'm also hearing bad things when doing that so I want to go the legit route.

That is exactly the same route I took to truggy mine as well.
Works perfectly.
Then I went to a 10 tooth pinion and stuffed on 3.8 Trenchers.
No issues as of yet and it has been 3 months.

I went the hex extension route since I got a full set for like 8 bucks on prime day. I haven't installed them yet but figured it's 70-80 bucks to go full Kraton conversion without the wheels/tires so decided to hold off on that until I actually break something using the hub extensions. Then I'll just upgrade at that point.

Also after looking around I can't really seem to find any "2.8" MT wheels that take 17mm hexes except for proline wheels which is something I didn't realize before.

I went the hex extension route since I got a full set for like 8 bucks on prime day. I haven't installed them yet but figured it's 70-80 bucks to go full Kraton conversion without the wheels/tires so decided to hold off on that until I actually break something using the hub extensions. Then I'll just upgrade at that point.

Also after looking around I can't really seem to find any "2.8" MT wheels that take 17mm hexes except for proline wheels which is something I didn't realize before.

I used extensions on mine and there was a lot of play in them. I ended up shimming them. If I do it again I'll go Kraton hubs, hexes and stubs. I just need the hexes.

So I don't need the Kraton axles but buying 4 axle stubs is the same as buying the Kraton axles in pricing?

So I don't need the Kraton axles but buying 4 axle stubs is the same as buying the Kraton axles in pricing?
From Amain, the axle stubs are $20 a pair, so $40. The chop shops are $40 for all axles, bones, and the center bones and diff cups. Will you need those other parts later? Who knows.

Personally, I have narrow 6s and wide 6s, so I want those spare bones. My boy has gotten good a bending axles... lol

Last edited:
FYI Jenny rc is currently back in stock on the Kraton parts to Truggify the Typhon 6s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back