Unknown XLX2 Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Last i went looking for a solution to my own problem. My XLX2 is beeping start fail. Its never had BLink installed but one solution i found in another thread was to use Link to reset to defaults. However, i do use the Aux for throttle adjustments. But it's wired right, has worked for almost two months of testing and calibrating. Yesterday I was supposed to try a real speed run and test the foams I have for it. Had a buddy tag along to film it all, we get to the spot, hooked up batteries, watched the initialization, put the body on and gave her light throttle to peel off to the starting point. Except she didn't peel off and I get the two short beeps. No explanation for it, the only thing different was changing GRPs for GT8s.
*Wired correctly.
*Wires are good and snug.
*Only interference with drivetrain is the motor(none now with pinion off)
*Radio has signal and servo responds as it should.
*Rx and Aux wires are snug and in channels 2 and 3 respectively.

Straight outta ideas and hoping the reset works.

Ok, I think I'm in trouble...
I'm getting a green square for both USB connected and device linked. Yet the Link is flashing red/green(should be solid green). After a minute I get this:
1692848569221357604015514135655.jpg

I follow the instructions and it's the same thing over again. If I FUBARed this esc, it would be nice to at least know how I managed that.

Sorry for the repetitive post, but the pocket protector spotlight over Gotham didn't work on the other thread.

Subbed. Good luck. I’m about to run an XLX2 in the near future for the first time and have been reading troubleshooting threads to try and educate myself to some degree.

Subbed. Good luck. I’m about to run an XLX2 in the near future for the first time and have been reading troubleshooting threads to try and educate myself to some degree.
Thanks. On the faint chance it's my Link, I plan to go through my garage and find the new, never used, one that came with the BLink I bought for the TT02/MambaX. Will try again but doubt that's the issue here.
The best thing to do is get on the phone with Castle support. They are very good and will know quickly if it needs to be sent in or not
Yeah, I'm hoping they have a online chat feature. Kind of hard for me to call them.

Thanks. On the faint chance it's my Link, I plan to go through my garage and find the new, never used, one that came with the BLink I bought for the TT02/MambaX. Will try again but doubt that's the issue here.

Yeah, I'm hoping they have a online chat feature. Kind of hard for me to call them.
They definitely don't have a chat feature. I was so salty when I had to actually use a phone and call. It's 2023 ffs!! :eek:

They definitely don't have a chat feature. I was so salty when I had to actually use a phone and call. It's 2023 ffs!! :eek:
They do now. Must be new I think. I plan to try the other Link and then contact them. I checked right after Liberty suggested calling them.

They do now. Must be new I think. I plan to try the other Link and then contact them. I checked right after Liberty suggested calling them.
wooooooooooow! that is great to hear!!

Ok castle I see you.

Update:
Just spoke with them. They want me to see what happens with a different motor temporarily hooked up. Going to try that when I get home.
At first we ran through the usual suspects(aux pulled out, order of hooking up Link etc..). Eliminated that so now its time to see if motor is the problem.

Update:
So I get home and can't find the new Link. Then I smack myself innthebhead for overlooking an obvious way to see if the one I'm using is faulty. I hook it up to the MambaX on the TT02. Green lights and all is good. So it's not a defective Link.
Next I did a couple of videos for castle.

So as you can see, issue isn't likely the TP motor. I know the 4985 works as its currently in my Outcast with the Max 6. This really isn't about whether or not Castle warranties the XLX2. If I did something to cause this, I'd like to know as a preventative measure for next time. It ran great and even destroyed another GRP drifting last weekend and like I said, the only difference is the GT8s I have now. Haven't even changed any settings as I believed I found the sweet spot about a month ago. So what we have here before us is a real head scratcher

Update: So Castle finally figured out what was wrong with my XLX2. They didn't offer a how but the why was damaged MOSFETS. They are covering it under warranty and replacing it. Likely going to have to wait until next spring for a proper speed run because they currently don't have any XLX2s. Like, how is that possible? Yeah, I know. Orders to ship and other warranties ahead of my own. Just ranting here.
On the bright side, their warranty/tech service reps(Joe Ford & Linda Hays), chat customer service rep(name unknown) made an unpleasant experience bearable. At a time I wanted to blast Castle, they gave me valid reason not to with the way my claim was handled. So kudos to them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back