Up to 1,200mm/s Print Speed!! 💥🤯 // FLSUN S1 & T1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Nero
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
Delta Printers are Fast...
But they just made it Warp speed.
Make It So Star Trek GIF

Last edited:
1200 mm/s or... 2.6 mph🤯
I am over here still printing at 30 mm/s lol
How much?

$1,500 for the big one, but it's on sale right now for $1,200

The little one is $499 but 50% off for for the first couple of buyers...

Cura only accepts a max speed of 150mm/s. Irritating at times. Some planes are best printed with Cura. Just so many helpful parameters in Cura to adjust. Ideamaker messes with speed on my Anycubic printers. Just won't print at speeds of 200 to 300mm/s. Gcode not suitable. Which is a bummer as their modifiers are really cool. And Prusa could have more adjustable parameters for my liking. Especially for aeroplanes where you simply need to work on infill density to safe weight.

Seems to me the slicers need more tuning instead of just faster printers. On small PLA parts 200mm/s is already too fast as the layers don't dry fast enough. I can see that those speeds may be interesting for some larger industrial applications. But then printed parts have a lot of downsides. Like strength, heat resistance and surface quality. Perhaps to print molds. But those surfaces need a lot of reworking that normal milling is better.

I sometimes wonder if printing will go more to resin type printers even for larger applications. Or 2k resins type filaments beeing developed that harden like epoxy when beeing heated and printed. But that my not be too healthy / food safe.

Flying printed planes in summer temperatures is literally not possible with normal PLA and LW-PLA. Also needs better filaments. Greentec is nice, just very expensive. Printing aeroplanes comes to about the same price point as buying a read ARF aeroplane from Freewing. Filament, carbon tubes, glue, servos, EDF, ESC, linkages, undercarriage.

Sometimes wondering in what direction all this printing is going. Certainly not cheap.

Just printed a L-39 Planeprint Jet, 6s, 70mm EDF. Then thought I might print it 30-40% bigger using an existing 90mm Electric ducted fan and 6s lipos.
Carbon Rods: 70 EUR
3 x colorfab LW-PLA Filament: 100EUR
Right color PLA: 20EUR
Freewing undercarriage: 120 EUR
Linkages: 20 EUR
7 Savöx 255mg Servos: 150 EUR
Total: 480 EUR
Plus about 300 hours of printing. And I found out best all printed on one printer as steps are not exactly the same and 400 mm high parts even just 1/2mm difference results in ugly glueing.

I might aswell get a E-flite Viper for 459 EUR and add my own 90mm EDF and ESC.

More cost: Just bought two new printers plus filament in the last month and sold the old ones.

Not complaining. Hobby after all. Just wondering in what direction printing is going. Mabe it's this feeling of "I can make it myself" that is actually the core of printing.

Last edited:
Seems to me the slicers need more tuning instead of just faster printers. On small PLA parts 200mm/s is already too fast as the layers don't dry fast enough. I can see that those speeds may be interesting for some larger industrial applications. But then printed parts have a lot of downsides. Like strength, heat resistance and surface quality. Perhaps to print molds. But those surfaces need a lot of reworking that normal milling is better.

I sometimes wonder if printing will go more to resin type printers even for larger applications. Or 2k resins type filaments beeing developed that harden like epoxy when beeing heated and printed. But that my not be too healthy / food safe.

Just printed a L-39 Planeprint Jet. Then thought I might print it 30-40% bigger using an existing 90mm Electric ducted fan and 6s lipos.
Carbon Rods: 70 EUR
3 Filament: 100EUR
Freewing undercarriage: 120 EUR
Linkages: 20 EUR
Servos: 140 EUR
Total: 450 EUR

I might aswell get a E-flite Viper for 459 EUR.

Just bought two new printers plus filament in the last month and sold the old ones.

Flying printed planes in summer temperatures is literally not possible with normal PLA and LW-PLA. Also needs better filaments. Greentec is nice, just very expensive. Printing aeroplanes comes to about the same price point as buying a read ARF aeroplane from Freewing. Filament, carbon tubes, glue, servos, EDF, ESC, linkages, undercarriage.

Sometimes wondering in what direction all this printing is going. Certainly not cheap.

Don't be surprised once nanotube/nano fiber technologies reaches the RC consumer market...

We'll see some Absolutely TRULY Amazing things then.. in Ultra light weight and ultra high strength plastic parts.

Don't be surprised once nanotube/nano fiber technologies reaches the RC consumer market...

We'll see some Absolutely TRULY Amazing things then.. in Ultra light weight and ultra high strength plastic parts.
Really hoping for those....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back