Big Rock Upgrades for the big rock!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the ones I mentioned here in my senton.

16182898249154946960500003604103.jpg

They are pricey I put Mojave 6s front shocks on the front and kraton 6s front shocks on the rear of my senton which is also same platform as the bigrock and they work perfectly fine!

It was only about 70$ for the ones I mentioned too.
I put the same shocks on my Typhon 3s, K6s front shocks on the rear and Mojo 6s front shocks on the front, but changed the springs to Typhon 6S springs. The set of shocks cost me about $50 total, the Typhon 6S springs cost about $12 for the set of front and rear springs. Typhon 3s rides butter smooth now.

I put the same shocks on my Typhon 3s, K6s front shocks on the rear and Mojo 6s front shocks on the front, but changed the springs to Typhon 6S springs. The set of shocks cost me about $50 total, the Typhon 6S springs cost about $12 for the set of front and rear springs. Typhon 3s rides butter smooth now.
I never thought about changing the springs. I might try that out as well.

Appreciate it!!
Hi All. this is really useful and nicely crosses over with my thread about making the Big Rock more manageable at highish speeds, off road. That is one massive thread so I'll read it at leisure. I rather got the impression that Typhon 6S shocks was the only option. I di briefly compare them to some Prolines but maybe I wasnt looking at the right ones as the Typhn shocks seemed a much higher spec (tho admittedly more expensive)

I never thought about changing the springs. I might try that out as well.
Try it out. You might like it. The stock springs on the Kraton 6s fronts and Mojo 6s fronts are very stiff. Put them on the lighter 3s rigs and my Typhon 3s would bounce a lot at high speed. Since the Typhon 6s is the same size as the Typhon 3s, just a little heavier but not as heavy as the Kraton 6s or Mojave 6s, the springs are not as stiff and work well on the 3s rigs.

How big of a difference do the Typhon shocks make? Pretty pricey $130 ish for the set
Sorry, work comes early for me. Can’t stay up all night on the Forum.

I personally like the Typhon shocks on my 3s rigs, but I paid half what they cost now!🤷🏻‍♂️ The reason they cost so much is because everyone wants them. Like slick said, you’ve got a lot of options.

Great info, going to give it a try. $60 is much more palatable. I’ll try on the big rock and if I don’t like it, I could always try on my Senton. Do they come with everything you need to install?

Great info, going to give it a try. $60 is much more palatable. I’ll try on the big rock and if I don’t like it, I could always try on my Senton. Do they come with everything you need to install?
With any of the 6s shocks, the bottom shock mount is a direct fit. The top shock mount needs Axial 7.5mmx8mm shock bushings to bolt on properly, or make your own bushings out of a piece of fuel tubing or something of that sort.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-Raci...-/362539726526?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Typhon 6S shocks are $95 on JRC for all four.

Use the notify me feature, get it sent by text and be ready to act quickly when the text comes through.

Is there another place I can get just the springs? I've looked and of course all out of stock lol

Is there another place I can get just the springs? I've looked and of course all out of stock lol
I got the Typhon 6S springs online from Atlanta Hobby but I think I got their last set cause now it shows they are out of stock also. I'll look around and see if I can find any. If I do find them, I'll PM the link to you.

I got the Typhon 6S springs online from Atlanta Hobby but I think I got their last set cause now it shows they are out of stock also. I'll look around and see if I can find any. If I do find them, I'll PM the link to you.
Thank you sir ide really appreciate that!

Send me a PM too please!! ordered the shocks but couldn't find the springs as well.
The Typhon 6S springs are hard to find. I only found one set and @Kusher asked me first. But if he doesn't grab them up maybe he can forward the link to you. But, as an alternative, I have a set of springs that are a slight bit stiffer than Typhon 6S springs, I think they are from a Talion 6s and Mojave 6S. They work good, just a bit stiffer. Here are the links to those if you're interested.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-mojave-6s-blx-70mm-shock-spring-6.5lbf-in-2-ara330637/p1015750

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-84mm-0.94n-mm-shock-springs-2-5.4lb-in-ara330501/p703772

cool, didn't know they had that. appreciate it
Scored some Typhon shocks yesterday on Jenny's thanks to the text notification -- ended up being $101 with shipping. Sold out within a few minutes

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back