Big Rock Recommendations for Big Rock shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Gonzo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,
are this aluminum shocks from Arrma good?

ARA330677
ARA330678

Because I want to buy for my shocks some springs, where I lost one, after a stunt. But to pay the shipping for only some springs, I want to buy some spare parts, that it's more worthy and my idea is to buy some new shocks. But looking around in the internet, I found these Arrma aluminum shocks.
I read here in the forum, that the Pro-Line shocks are good ones, but they are very expensive. For a complete set I could buy the Wltoys 144010 buggy.
Maybe someone has some other recommendations.

Hot racing makes aluminum shocks. You use the stock shaft and springs. They make a 3s and big bore 4s. $20 a set.

These. My kids granite has the 4s shocks
Screenshot_20230911_103052_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230911_103206_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230911_103228_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230911_103320_Samsung Internet.jpg

Or just get the springs?

Or just get the springs?
My 4s shock or 3 years old. I had to rebuild them once.
Hello,
are this aluminum shocks from Arrma good?

ARA330677
ARA330678

Because I want to buy for my shocks some springs, where I lost one, after a stunt. But to pay the shipping for only some springs, I want to buy some spare parts, that it's more worthy and my idea is to buy some new shocks. But looking around in the internet, I found these Arrma aluminum shocks.
I read here in the forum, that the Pro-Line shocks are good ones, but they are very expensive. For a complete set I could buy the Wltoys 144010 buggy.
Maybe someone has some other recommendations.
The v2 shocks are very long. You will want to get the v2 shock tower with those shocks.

Last edited:
Btw. when you talk about Amazon/Ebay shocks, which one you exactly mean?
When I'm looking for them, I get a lot of hits of different shocks.

Btw. when you talk about Amazon/Ebay shocks, which one you exactly mean?
When I'm looking for them, I get a lot of hits of different shocks.
They all suck. They leak. The shock shafts bend. You can’t buy spare parts for them. Etc.

I’d strongly encourage you to listen to the experience/advice on this thread to save yourself from a future headache.

Typhon 6S shocks I posted above are really good and only $50 for a set. No brainer. They’re better than the 4S and hot racing options. The proline shocks are good but they’re expensive and spare parts are an issue.

They all suck. They leak. The shock shafts bend. You can’t buy spare parts for them. Etc.

I’d strongly encourage you to listen to the experience/advice on this thread to save yourself from a future headache.

Typhon 6S shocks I posted above are really good and only $50 for a set. No brainer. They’re better than the 4S and hot racing options. The proline shocks are good but they’re expensive and spare parts are an issue.
Wow this will cost around 90 Euro with shipping and customs. Also not really cheap. Maybe I have to pay the taxes twice.
Once when the parts arrive in the EU and once when they have arrived in the destination country.
And the rear shocks are already sold out.

Wow this will cost around 90 Euro with shipping and customs. Also not really cheap. Maybe I have to pay the taxes twice.
Once when the parts arrive in the EU and once when they have arrived in the destination country.
And the rear shocks are already sold out.
Look into GPM shocks. The shafts are 1mm thicker than stock.
Look into GPM shocks. The shafts are 1mm thicker than stock.
https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-big-rock-crew-cab-c-1532_4405_4830.html
Hot racing 4s aluminum body and also by arrma or tekno shock shaft. Tekno also makes springs that fit hot racing or arrma 6s shocks. Just some options.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back