Granite Upgrading Granite BLX to run on 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_RC_Guy

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Greetings all,

Anyone here run their Granite on 4s? Would love to hear what your experience is with it. Thinking about getting a Spektrum 120A ESC, 2400KV motor, a couple 4s diffs from Jenny's RC and doing just that.

You will need cvd driveshafts, steel diffs, center support bearing, 4s thicker motor mount plate or similar, and probably a 4s metal spur/slipper. Probably not that much more to just pickup a 4s outcast. Lol

Think you have to look at upgraded driveshafts too. Not sure. Only tried 4s once on mine, with 120a esc and stock 3200kv motor.
Ah, a little too late 😅👍

Just thought I'd give everyone a quick little update. So I ended up installing a 150A Spektrum ESC along with a 3800KV motor and gave her a try on 4S. I do not recommend it. It's just way too much power. I couldn't keep the front tires planted on the ground no matter how gentle I was on the throttle.

Just thought I'd give everyone a quick little update. So I ended up installing a 150A Spektrum ESC along with a 3800KV motor and gave her a try on 4S. I do not recommend it. It's just way too much power. I couldn't keep the front tires planted on the ground no matter how gentle I was on the throttle.
I can imagine 🤣 with the 3200kv stock, i still had problems with keeping it to the ground. Try 2400 kv. And maybe larger pinion if you want speed. 50mph is really enough on a granite with stock tires tho.

Greetings all,

Anyone here run their Granite on 4s? Would love to hear what your experience is with it. Thinking about getting a Spektrum 120A ESC, 2400KV motor, a couple 4s diffs from Jenny's RC and doing just that.
I run the vxl 4s system in my Typhon 3s and the only thing seriously in jeopardy is your input gears and eventually your composite diffs. I have had no dam age on my diffs yet. The plastic driveshafts are really tough so they will only need replacing maybe every month or so. Given, stronger driveshafts still may be a good idea because you are running bigger tires. The Typhons run very light tires.

Greetings all,

I run the 150a firma and 4074 2050kv from jennys rc, had to replace almost all plastic dtive parts with steel, any questions hit me up
I run the 150a firma and 4074 2050kv from jennys rc, had to replace almost all plastic dtive parts with steel, any questions hit me up
Oh it runs on 3s-6s cool as heck

Greetings all,

If you granite is the newest version, the. It can handle it. My typhon runs what comes in the traxxas maxx on 4s and it will do wheelies and is crazy powerful. The only breakage that happened so far is the rear input gear and that happened after a few months. The vxl 4s motor is a 3670 2400kv. No doubt your granite can handle it. Go for it.

Greetings all,

I knew a fella who put an 8s esc and motor in a 3s Typhon…..Lordy, there was not much left of the Typhon after the first run. It basically fragmented.😂

I put a 4074 2050kv and firma 150a in my granite, I can run 3s-6s. 3s and 4s is cool race around with my buds, 6s is pretty much out of control for racing good for speed runs. I have 32-87 gear in trans, I haven't made it to 100mph yet but I'm getting close. Oh by the way it broke almost every plastic drive part in it. There is lots of good metal parts available that has held so far. Modify that thing and have fun!!!

Oh it runs on 3s-6s cool as heck
Yea if your out racing with your buds 3s or 4s works great, put some big paddles on it 6s on the beach now that is cool. If you watch it from behind it instantly disappears. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back