Mega upgrading to brushless

Bri26

Arrma RC's
Fury
If you want to be able to use the stock pinion gear, then be sure to get the Castle motor with the 3.2mm motor shaft (not 5mm).

Also, the Castle 1410 motor is a 540 4 pole motor which has a lot of torque. If you want something a little milder but still more power than the stock Mega motor, then I recommend a 540 2 pole motor.

Best regards,
Brian

Unusual RC

Staff member
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Fury, Mojave
...if you want something a little milder but still more power than the stock Mega motor, then I recommend a 540 2 pole motor.
That is also what I was told about two versus four pole motors. Now I have both in my Fury's, I can say the difference is not noticable! What the four pole motor wins on torque, the two pole wins in extra rpm. So if you gear them correctly, you would not know the difference!

Castle never states the maximum amperage a Esc can deliver. But those combo are very powerfull. I guess somewhere between 80 and 100 amps.
The original BLX esc does 60-65amps.

So if you buy a brushless combo of less than 60 amps, it will sure be more relax.
And believe me, I have a 2800kV two pole motor here, which runs on a 45 Amp esc on 2S. It is more than triple as powerfull at least as the stock Mega ;)

Stack15

ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Fury, Granite, Kraton, Mojave, Talion, Typhon, Voltage, 4x4-Mega
I am curious. How did the eBay motor and esc set workout? I have been looking at those too.

Stack15

ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Fury, Granite, Kraton, Mojave, Talion, Typhon, Voltage, 4x4-Mega
I bought that eBay motor and esc. It fits but won’t use the stock pinion. It’s a 5mm setup. I ordered a pinion. The motor was a bit of a tight fit.

Attachments