Kraton Upgrading to stronger diff parts possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingpin

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have a special project I will be working on and due to some of the parts I will be using I really want to beef up the diffs, input gears, input cups, and anything else.
The car is brand new and I will be tearing all the diffs down for a clean rebuild and shimming including ceramic bearings.
I'm having a hard time to find any info on HD or better quality parts though.
I understand there are Mugen diffs people use but not sure if the quality is any different.

Car is a Kraton V4 6S

$Mugen$ diff gears. They are not had cheaply. GPM also makes 6S diff gears. But based on GPM's poor quality, that may not be a good option. I stay with stock on 6S myself. 6S keeps me busy enough maintaining those Diffs.:cool: Shimming will always prolong their life.

Go with all-Mugen internals from the get-go. Sure, parts are a tad more pricey, but material is far superior than OEM. Take your time and shim everything properly too.

Outdrives and pins: E0228
Satellite and sun gear assembly: C0228
Shims: E0206

Go with all-Mugen internals from the get-go. Sure, parts are a tad more pricey, but material is far superior than OEM. Take your time and shim everything properly too.

Thank you so much for the part numbers!
So I take it those part numbers work for the front and rear diffs, how about the center diff?
Also any idea if they are a direct drop in as I have the Arrma aluminum diff cups to put them in?

Seeing you are in Canada as I am any Canadian shops to get the parts from?

Thank you so much for the part numbers!
So I take it those part numbers work for the front and rear diffs, how about the center diff?
Also any idea if they are a direct drop in as I have the Arrma aluminum diff cups to put them in?

Yeah they will work in all 3 diffs and it would be best to do all 3 diffs at once.

The sun gears mugen C0228 are impossible to find. LOL Looks like I'm going have to do an in depth search for them.
Uh I think there are some Kyosho gears that fit, or I could be thinking of the Mugens let me check.

Nope I lied they are Mugen but have different part numbers than the ones above.
These seem to be out of stock too though :(
But you really only need these.
MUGE2238
MUGE2239

Yeah they will work in all 3 diffs and it would be best to do all 3 diffs at once.
I think I may have found them locally.
It looks like I have a package of the shims. Is one package enough for all 3 shims or do I need one package per diff? There looks to be a lot of shims in there.

Uh I think there are some Kyosho gears that fit, or I could be thinking of the Mugens let me check.

Nope I lied they are Mugen but have different part numbers than the ones above.
These seem to be out of stock too though :(
MUGE2238
MUGE2239
I find Mugen out of stock as a general rule. But the Mugen gear sets are good. But how good?

It looks like I have a package of the shims. Is one package enough for all 3 shims or do I need one package per diff? There looks to be a lot of shims in there.
I don't remember to be honest. I think there should be enough to do all 3 though. Iirc its 6 of the big ones and 12 of the small ones in the bag.
I find Mugen out of stock as a general rule. But the Mugen gear sets are good. But how good?
Idk I still run the stock Arrma ones, I got those part numbers from some dude off of the Bookface, I have only messed up the internal gears 2 times over the last 2.5 years, and both times were totally my fault.

I don't remember to be honest. I think there should be enough to do all 3 though. Iirc its 6 of the big ones and 12 of the small ones in the bag.

Idk I still run the stock Arrma ones, I got those part numbers from some dude off of the Bookface, I have only messed up the internal gears 2 times over the last 2.5 years, and both times were totally my fault.
Correct. I may just order another package as I need stuff from Amain anyway.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    668.8 KB · Views: 40
MUGE2238
MUGE2239

That’s incorrect. Part numbers E2238 and E2239 have a larger shaft/bore and will NOT fit the Arrma components. On the Mugen site, these are labelled as optional parts. I know this as I ordered them by mistake and they are now sitting in parts bin named « useless ».

Stick to the part numbers I have listed and you’ll be fine ✌️
So I take it those part numbers work for the front and rear diffs, how about the center diff? Also any idea if they are a direct drop in as I have the Arrma aluminum diff cups to put them in?

Yes, direct fit for all 6s front, rear and center diffs with exception on the Nero-series. Yes, they fit the Hot Racing AON1101 cup and Arrma ARA220050 modular unit as well.

I ordered mine from seller on eBay based in the US. I contacted Mugen Seiki directly and they gave me two Canada-based dealers but neither have parts listed in stock. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One pack of E0206 accomodates (3) complete differentials. Buy 2 sets and keep one as backup.

Last edited:
That’s incorrect. Part numbers E2238 and E2239 have a larger shaft/bore and will NOT fit the Arrma components. On the Mugen site, these are labelled as optional parts. I know this as I ordered them by mistake and they are now sitting in parts bin named « useless ».

Stick to the part numbers I have listed and you’ll be fine ✌

Yes, direct fit for all 6s front, rear and center diffs with exception on the Nero-series. Yes, they fit the Hot Racing AON1101 cup and Arrma ARA220050 modular unit as well.

I ordered mine from seller on eBay based in the US. I contacted Mugen Seiki directly and they gave me two Canada-based dealers but neither have parts listed in stock. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One pack of E0206 accomodates (3) complete differentials. Buy 2 sets and keep one as backup.
Well that blows. I could have sworn that a few guys on here bought them and they worked. Like I said I got those from some dude who posted that he used them on the Arrma Army Facebook page.

Well that blows. I could have sworn that a few guys on here bought them and they worked. Like I said I got those from some dude who posted that he used them on the Arrma Army Facebook page.

No worries as your intentions were good ??

Just gotta love how you complain bout those parts being out of stock, but I find all of them available in Germany, most of the time it's the other way around :ROFLMAO:

Stick to the part numbers I have listed and you’ll be fine ✌

I found 2 sets of the gears in Winnipeg and the outdrives. Need one more set of gears.

@MrTitanium those outdrives go to the CVD's not the center driveshaft correct? Are there specific input shaft cups to attach to the center driveshafts as well?

Last edited:
@MrTitanium those outdrives go to the CVD's not the center driveshaft correct? Are there specific input shaft cups to attach to the center driveshafts as well?

Yes, the E0228 are strictly for the diff outdrives.

As for the diff input couplers, I bought Tekno TKR5575X. Keep in mind that there is ONE per package so order accordingly.

Why did I go with the Tekno units and not keep the stock units? Because the OEM units are much softer and prone to premature wear caused by the hardened driveshaft pins.

Edit: I corrected the part number for the Tekno input gear coupler.

B08078D6-281D-41C2-96AE-2BE0F2E7CEE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, the E0228 are strictly for the diff outdrives.

As for the diff input couplers, I bought Tekno TKR6597 (which are lightened units), but you can order TKR6597HD instead which are about $3.00 cheaper because they take a shorter amount of time to manufacture (not lightened). Keep in mind that there is ONE per package so order accordingly.

Why did I go with the Tekno units and not keep the stock units? Because the OEM units are much softer and prone to premature wear caused by the hardened driveshaft pins.

View attachment 78880View attachment 78881
God I love you!!! LOL
I guess the only thing left after looking at diagrams is the 10t main input gear. Any ideas on that or anything else I should change since I'm already down the rabbit hole?
I looked for an upgrade but all I find is posts about shimming.

God I love you!!! LOL

Ummm.... thanks but I don’t swing that way brother ?

I guess the only thing left after looking at diagrams is the 10t main input gear. Any ideas on that or anything else I should change since I'm already down the rabbit hole?
I looked for an upgrade but all I find is posts about shimming.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no aftermarket 10T spiral/helical pinion gear (AR310498). Shimmed, lubed and maintained properly, I reckon a gear set should last 20-25 runs. Maybe other veteran Arrmanians can give you more accurate numbers....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back