Using CA glue in Nylon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I'm doing a mod on a Nylon aftermarket bumper. Adding a bumper spring to it that it doesn't have provisions for screw holes. Using a drill, I put holes in the bumper for the spring front mounting points. One hole got a little off & has an egg shape where it goes thru. If I close it up with rubberized CA glue, I have black, will the screw be impossible to get out if & when I need to remove it? The glue will contact the screw to fill the void.

I'm doing a mod on a Nylon aftermarket bumper. Adding a bumper spring to it that it doesn't have provisions for screw holes. Using a drill, I put holes in the bumper for the spring front mounting points. One hole got a little off & has an egg shape where it goes thru. If I close it up with rubberized CA glue, I have black, will the screw be impossible to get out if & when I need to remove it? The glue will contact the screw to fill the void.

Put some Vaseline on the screw Before you use the CA glue. 👍

Put some Vaseline on the screw Before you use the CA glue. 👍
I daylighted a hole 1mm off. So it's like a master card symbol. I'm afraid it'll lock the screw in the nylon. The M3 screws are 20mm long & protrude thru straight down but the bottom of the bumper is angled so I filed the screws to match the profile. I don't wanna back em out. I ran to Walmart & got some black adhesive silicone to fill the incorrect hole. The other side needs a touch up too.
But Tex, that's a terrific idea for that, using Vaseline.

Have a photo? Can you turn a shouldered bushing for it?

Have a photo? Can you turn a shouldered bushing for it?
I thought about that. Making/turning a delrin angled washer or bushing. I did take a few pics yesterday. I'll post them in a bit when I get to work.

Pics. Screws installed & filed flush. Then I filled the open holes w/ the silicone. RPM bumper on the K6 with a TPU spring. No provisions for the front spring holes like a basher bumper. Wanted to try out the RPM one. Scorched front hinge pin holder. The last pic was before I drilled out & put in the screws. The spring space was a little wider than the ribs underneath on the bumper.

20240512_174708.jpg

20240512_174712.jpg

20240512_174732.jpg

20240512_180229.jpg

20240510_184736.jpg

Should’ve ran a countersunk flathead screw from underneath through into a nut in the 3D spring, a good noser will probably pull that out.

Pics. Screws installed & filed flush. Then I filled the open holes w/ the silicone. RPM bumper on the K6 with a TPU spring. No provisions for the front spring holes like a basher bumper. Wanted to try out the RPM one. Scorched front hinge pin holder. The last pic was before I drilled out & put in the screws. The spring space was a little wider than the ribs underneath on the bumper.

View attachment 366215

View attachment 366216

View attachment 366217

View attachment 366218

View attachment 366219

I didn't realize that's what you had intended..
Not sure if I would have done it that way with a part that's going to take a few potential frontal impacts..

It may get ripped right out after a tumble womble...

Should’ve ran a countersunk flathead screw from underneath through into a nut in the 3D spring, a good noser will probably pull that out.

Yeah.
I would have to agree here.

A big countersunk washer with the flathead screws may have been a better option..
Even if they get scuffed up they would likely hold and not get yanked out of the bumper...

Ah-- Yep- After a few full rips & bashing- it will probably fail. The FHCS from underneath w/ the nut on top. That's a plan. I didn't want too much hanging from the bottom for fear on grabbbing something-if it hung down too far.

Ah-- Yep- After a few full rips & bashing- it will probably fail. The FHCS from underneath w/ the nut on top. That's a plan. I didn't want too much hanging from the bottom for fear on grabbbing something-if it hung down too far.

Just Add more Speed
& Power your way thru it..
jump truck GIF

No care what's hanging down under
or whatever happens to get in your way...

jump driving GIF

Heck yeah!!! 😆

Last edited:
Maybe it'll hold up for a while. The bumper is 6mm thick at the ribs. Got about 7mm-7.5mm threads in the bumper at that angle. Put some Dykem oil paint over all of it. When it breaks I can reconfigure it.

20240514_170529.jpg

20240514_170653.jpg

20240514_170811.jpg

Back