Limitless V2 sensorless tp motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just had my first few passes w my limitless v2 xlx2, CM 2200kv tp motor. So I noticed at slow speeds it feels like it’s cogging but it’s not. The sound it makes at low rpm is bugging me. Did I do something wrong. Or does it make this noise sounding like gears wanting to turn because it’s not a sensored motor. Had I went with the castle motor using the censored motor would it still be making that noise?

What gearing are you running? Any sensorless motor is gonna cog at a high enough gearing.

It's definitely not cogging. Is this your first TP motor? if so, I'm going to assume it's the noise of the magnets you're hearing? is it hard to turn the motor shaft by hand? if so then it's most definitely the magnets. Most TP motors have strong ass magnets that make it hard to turn the shaft.

If I'm right, you could always try going into xlx2 settings and changing start power to med.

If it's not the magnets then I dunno :eek:

I have a limitless geared higher than the op at 36/40 running an xlx2 + sensorless TP motor and I don't have cogging. I'm not doing anything special and the only difference I can see is I'm using a 6 pole big block vs the 4 pole 4070. I've never tried gearing that high with a 4 pole so maybe that's the difference? I dunno but I've never had to kickstart anything.

I have a limitless geared higher than the op at 36/40 running an xlx2 + sensorless TP motor and I don't have cogging. I'm not doing anything special and the only difference I can see is I'm using a 6 pole big block vs the 4 pole 4070. I've never tried gearing that high with a 4 pole so maybe that's the difference? I dunno but I've never had to kickstart anything.
Yeah could be the extra poles. More poles more smoother more better, like with outrunners.

When you have anything near 1:1 gearing it will do this unless you have a sensored motor.
Its just something you have to get used to.

I usually give the car a little push with my foot to get started because I don't like the sound.
Oh I see so a lil push to get the car a rolling start. But can it damage the motor or esc?

I tried a 30t pinion but it wouldn’t mesh at all. So I went with a 32t pinion. To drop pinion size what do I need to add. I also haven’t ran on 8s.

Oh I see so a lil push to get the car a rolling start. But can it damage the motor or esc?

I tried a 30t pinion but it wouldn’t mesh at all. So I went with a 32t pinion. To drop pinion size what do I need to add. I also haven’t ran on 8s.
I installed a 46t pinion onto my limitless v2 spool so I could get some better gearing options. You might need an extra pack of arrma spool spacers that cost like $8 or something but thats it. For reference my v2 is geared 37/46 using the 46t pinion from surpass hobby. The saga pinion probably fits even without the extra spool spacers.

I believe the larger 1/5 scale motor is the reason. I had noticed the same comparing a 4070 against a 56mm motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back