Kraton V3 Kraton 6s troubleshooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update: I had the chance to run the truck again yesterday morning; latest modifications are: front caster set to the minimum (all four spacers behind the upper a-arms) and a 13t pinion on the motor. Running surface: parking lot tarmac.

The understeer is still quite pronounced, but it's manageable thanks mostly to the rising ambient temp which makes the tires softer. At this point, the only solution to it is new tires.

The bash session didn't last long due to the pinion coming loose several times, but I was still able to pull a few wheelies and high speed passes, while still being very conservative on the brakes and rarely reaching wide open throttle. Motor temperatures never exceeded 60°C (140°F) even though the motor still felt quite hot to the touch. For comparison, in the same driving conditions, my brother's E-Revo 2.0's motor stays slightly cooler, even though the Revo is about 1 kg heavier and the motor has 150kv more than the Arrma. Also, the Kraton has a fan, the Revo doesn't. This leads me to believe the Kraton likes to run hot and get there very quickly.

Has anyone ever noticed if a bigger pinion helps the motor stay cooler?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back