Kraton V4 kraton glitching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exup

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with their arrma kraton v4. Glitches.etc It happened to me recently. The truck was about 65 yards away travelling straight at about 30mph when all of a sudden it seemed to go dead and turn sharply to the left. Off a tarmac track straight into the undergrowth .i thought it had turned upside down i gave it some throttle but could not hear any wheels turning or any movement..as i walked towards were it crashed to have a look .still trying the controls nothing no sound .as i got nearer. It shot out of the bushes infront of me .no damage. But it didn't respond to my controls for about 5 to 10 seconds that it took me to walk nearer. My spectrum controler had new batteries .don't know what happened. ?.anyone had any similar symptoms?? .or how can i stop this from happening again.

Sounds like interference. My Typhon was kind of glitchy. Nothing like what you described just momentary lag to respond to radio control. I changed out radio to a Tactic and it hasn't happened again in last 5 runs. I'd change out the radio and receiver.

Seems the spectrum is rubbish .you can't take the risk of high speed glitches its happened to me .and now iv got no confidence in this controler receiver setup .i will change to something different asap ?

Which raises a good question I think...Will Horizon replace a vehicle that was destroyed due to a radio/receiver malfunction? I'd imagine their response might be "Prove it".
I would have to say a big NO!

I do not like the rtr spectrum radio setup it feels cheap and it kind of is. I would switch my cars over to AM radio and they work just as well if not better before keeping that, they are easy to get and free half the time. Besides there’s no one who really uses AM anymore especially at rc tracks:)

On a different note, no one has recommended that he checks to make sure the esc failsafe has been set. Now here's the strange thing. I just checked the new manual for the Kraton V4, and how to check if the failsafe is on, isn't included. Does Spektrum not offer this?

Here's the manual for the Spektrum.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMSTX200-Manual-EN.pdf

Only mention of a failsafe is that you have to rebind the transmitter when you want a different failsafe setting.

No instructions whatsoever on how to set it or if it's set from factory at all that I can see.
No manuals are even on the Spektrum site for the SPMSRX200 receiver either on the product page or in their support > manuals page.

If anyone has this combo I would contact Horizon Hobby directly and see if they know if this model has a failsafe and get instructions on how to set it. If not, that's a HUGE oversight in design and not something you want on a 4s or higher vehicle.

Anyone else noticing a trend in posts lately here and on other forums all seemingly related to 2019 model transmitter/receiver issues since they changed to those cheap Spektrums?
I tried to warn everyone.
Ecx received the STX2 back in 2017 and it was all the same thing on the Ecx forums after that, people having range issues and massive amounts of glitches.
On a different note, no one has recommended that he checks to make sure the esc failsafe has been set. Now here's the strange thing. I just checked the new manual for the Kraton V4, and how to check if the failsafe is on, isn't included. Does Spektrum not offer this?
The failsafe is in the receiver not the esc.

The failsafe is in the receiver not the esc.
My mistake, but I did note that I was checking on the Spektrum portion of the electronics, and not on the esc itself.

Thinking about it when my v4 kraton glitched out on me it was about 60 / 70 yards away from the controller .i normally use it much closer than that but was at a new spot with more space so was injoying blasting about up and down a long straight tarmac rd . Luckily it shot off left into long grass and bushes missing some big trees .think it must be a range problem because its not happened before at closer distance it F M T F O .im geting shoot of the crapy spectrum .thinking of a flysky noble controler .my wife was standing next to me and saw it happen .so i got the green light to spend on a new controler. LoL ?

I do not like the rtr spectrum radio setup it feels cheap and it kind of is. I would switch my cars over to AM radio and they work just as well if not better before keeping that, they are easy to get and free half the time. Besides there’s no one who really uses AM anymore especially at rc tracks:)
I have some old school Futaba Magnum Sport radios, they need the battery holder thingy though. I also have one of the old Traxxas radio with the fishing pole antenna.
Thinking about it when my v4 kraton glitched out on me it was about 60 / 70 yards away from the controller .i normally use it much closer than that but was at a new spot with more space so was injoying blasting about up and down a long straight tarmac rd . Luckily it shot off left into long grass and bushes missing some big trees .think it must be a range problem because its not happened before at closer distance it F M T F O .im geting shoot of the crapy spectrum .thinking of a flysky noble controler .my wife was standing next to me and saw it happen .so i got the green light to spend on a new controler. LoL ?
I like my DX5C night and day difference over the DX2E which is better than the STX2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back