waaaa : steering servo is RIP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello World ;-)

I was finishing up with upgrading of the ESC, connected everything to test - everything seems to be working ...

assemble the whole thing, charge both of the batteries, basically ready to leave...

.. last minute turn the car on and the steering goes all the way to the hard right, i'm like wtf.. turned car off, moved (manually) wheels in the center, tried turning car on again and the same thing, wheel turns hard right.. so i turned the car off to investigate ..

opened my receiver box, disconnect steering servo and heard spark, turns out i forgot to disconnect the battery before unplugging servo... now with disconnected battery, i disconnect steering servo and connect back, connect battery, turned on remote controller, car, but servo is dead?

please advise)
thanks in advance!

HOLD ON!!!!!

I made a thread about this exact topic last week and thought my servo was dead. I didn't catch on until it happened on a second car in a week. It turns out my servo/receiver whatever was getting reset maybe by my toddler. Take the servo horn off and rebind the receiver, recalibrate the esc and install the horn and see if that fixes it. It fixed mine.

HOLD ON!!!!!

I made a thread about this exact topic last week and thought my servo was dead. I didn't catch on until it happened on a second car in a week. It turns out my servo/receiver whatever was getting reset maybe by my toddler. Take the servo horn off and rebind the receiver, recalibrate the esc and install the horn and see if that fixes it. It fixed mine.
Yes. ☝️☝️ And check to make sure your toddler didn’t twist the steering trim knob on your radio to full left.

haha! of course after I got new servo, I figure out the way to test it..
.. and now I know that my original servo did _NOT_ died, and it's actually working just fine, so I have a spare servo now))

haha! of course after I got new servo, I figure out the way to test it..
.. and now I know that my original servo did _NOT_ died, and it's actually working just fine, so I have a spare servo now))
What was the problem then?

No, the ST servo channel is always going to be on Channel 1. That is controlled by the ST Wheel. No way around this.

I just got everything to work!!! w/ no longer dead ST servo and no longer an issue w/ receiver/transmitter either!

I just got everything to work!!! w/ no longer dead ST servo and no longer an issue w/ receiver/transmitter either!
Awesome! What did you do? Were you able to assign the steering servo to a different channel or did channel 1 miraculously start working again?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back