Kraton Wah, wah. Broken wheel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverDun

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I was so happy to get my favorite wheel and tire combo, and it only took me 20 minutes at the track on a 50 degree F day to break one of my wheels! I just landed a little crooked and nose high from about 3.5 feet up, and heard a loud "crack" when it landed. I'm super bummed. I'm going to have to figure out how to unglue the tires and move them to a new set of rims. These Dboots tires are awesome all-rounders!

Attachments

• IMG_20191202_193758216.jpg
    IMG_20191202_193758216.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 83
bummer and weird, i've tortured mine and it never happened to me.

btw, your front right is mounted the opposite way, find the other wheel that is mounted the same and switch between them, the center blocks should scoop on forward bite, while the side blocks should scoop when braking.

Last edited:
Ive had decent luck using a heat gun to get tires off damaged rims. Go one section at a time, heat it up then gently pull the tire off. If the glue isn't releasing from the rim then heat it some more. Don't do this with good rims cause it will likely warp them, good luck.

Hapenend to my kraton 4s and i did not even had a one side landing it just shadered and flew off for some reason was minus 15 degres celcius tho and i baked the rims to unglue the tire and glue some backflip lps. Kinda sucks the whole point of getting unglued tires if this happens

Thanks for the pointers, I'll try the heatgun method out. I don't want to waste a brand new set of tires for no reason. It's too bad these aren't stronger, I like the rally car look of them. They're also easy to clean mud out of, because it can't collect in that inside edge where it does in my race wheels.

That's just the nature of the plastic used on RC vehicles. If it would of been a few degrees warmer it would be fine. Cold makes it very brittle.

btw, your front right is mounted the opposite way, find the other wheel that is mounted the same and switch between would

btw, your front right is mounted the opposite way, find the other wheel that is mounted the same and switch between them, the center blocks should scoop on forward bite, while the side blocks should scoop when braking.
That makes total sense. On acceleration the tires would balloon so you would want the center treads to be active. On br
them, the center blocks should scoop on forward bite, while the side blocks should scoop when braking.
I did not know that, thanks man
Yeah, I didn't realize I mounted them the wrong way. That makes sense that the center blocks would work for acceleration. especially because the tires balloon on acceleration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back