Typhon Want to make Typhon 3s into 4s speed machine!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
What else do I need besides the 4s ESC, hot racing motor mount and motor? All bearings have been upgraded on my 3s already. Shocks have been rebuilt too. Is it even worth it? Can it also be used as a basher in 4s? Thanks!

What else do I need besides the 4s ESC, hot racing motor mount and motor? All bearings have been upgraded on my 3s already. Shocks have been rebuilt too. Is it even worth it? Can it also be used as a basher in 4s? Thanks!
Yes you can! I’ve been running the BLX120 in my Typhon for a while now. Just make sure to get the steel spur slipper assembly from the 4S kit too. You can get this from the kit breakers for cheap if in stock. Otherwise it’s like $60 new. If your u-joints pop, then loosen the slipper a tiny bit until they stop popping.

If you are on FB, check out a few FB Groups-
Screenshot_20191018-100031_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20191018-100013_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20191018-095933_Facebook.jpg

Yes you can! I’ve been running the BLX120 in my Typhon for a while now. Just make sure to get the steel spur slipper assembly from the 4S kit too. You can get this from the kit breakers for cheap if in stock. Otherwise it’s like $60 new. If your u-joints pop, then loosen the slipper a tiny bit until they stop popping.
Kit breakers? Is that like a website?. Thanks.

Damn it's about $223 for all parts needed, and I would also need a 4s battery since I only have 3s and 6s packs. Having second thoughts about this now. ?

Last edited:
OK so I see that the Arrma 4s motor I want to pick up doesn't have a pinion. So does the 3s stock pinion fit right on? Thanks!

OK so I see that the Arrma 4s motor I want to pick up doesn't have a pinion. So does the 3s stock pinion fit right on? Thanks!
If you want to go faster than what is on 3s you are going to want to run a bigger pinion than the stock 15 on 4s.

If you want to go faster than what is on 3s you are going to want to run a bigger pinion than the stock 15 on 4s.
Ah OK yeah indeed. So look for the 20T 3s pinion? Or do they make the 20T 4s pinion? Does it matter? Thanks. Would I be able to bash in the grass/dirt with the 20T?

Ah OK yeah indeed. So look for the 20T 3s pinion? Or do they make the 20T 4s pinion? Does it matter? Thanks.
Pinions are the same. 32p with 5mm bore.

Pinions are the same. 32p with 5mm bore.
Cool. What about bashing I the grass with the 20T? Also, can I use the 6s Arrma esc instead of the 4s with the 4s motor, since that seems a cheaper alternative than the 4s ESC?

Last edited:
What 4s battery can I cram into my Typhon 3s body BTW? Thanks! And I'm assuming that I will also need some speed tires? Damn. I think that I might just jump into a 6s model ?

The 20T pinion on grass is going to make that motor hot AF unless you are running small tires. I would highly suggest dual fans on the motor to keep it cool.

As far as batteries, I would suggest you get the 4S velcro straps as they are longer and will fit larger lipos. I own the Dynamite and SMC 5000mah 4S lipos. The Dynamite is much larger than the SMC. Both are hard packs and both fit fine. In fact my Dynamite is almost as large as my SMC 6S hard pack. I don’t think you’ll have issues fitting any 5000mah 4S. Going bigger than 5000mah maybe an issue. You’ll have to check sizes.

The 20T pinion on grass is going to make that motor hot AF unless you are running small tires. I would highly suggest dual fans on the motor to keep it cool.

As far as batteries, I would suggest you get the 4S velcro straps as they are longer and will fit larger lipos. I own the Dynamite and SMC 5000mah 4S lipos. The Dynamite is much larger than the SMC. Both are hard packs and both fit fine. In fact my Dynamite is almost as large as my SMC 6S hard pack. I don’t think you’ll have issues fitting any 5000mah 4S. Going bigger than 5000mah maybe an issue. You’ll have to check sizes.
Thanks. I already have the speed pinion that came with my Outcast 6s and I have an extra 6s battery too. I know that I would also have to upgrade the shock towers, chasis braces and bearings in order to make the Typhon 6s a very good basher. The 2018 Typhon is $449, which I like better than the 2019 model because of the ttx300 radio. Doesn't that make more sense for me at this time since I already have the mentioned components for a 6s rig? What do you think?

Thanks. I already have the speed pinion that came with my Outcast 6s and I have an extra 6s battery too. I know that I would also have to upgrade the shock towers, chasis braces and bearings in order to make the Typhon 6s a very good basher. The 2018 Typhon is $449, which I like better than the 2019 model because of the ttx300 radio. Doesn't that make more sense for me at this time since I already have the mentioned components for a 6s rig? What do you think?
Yes. Get the 6s of it's in the budget.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back