Mojave I Want My 4s to STAND UP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Senton Mega
  5. Vendetta
  6. Infraction 4x4
I'm thinking about throwing a Spektrum 150a esc and 4074 2050kv setup out of a Kraton into my Mojave 4s so I can wheelie on demand (I know, here he goes again, (Senton flashbacks) 😜).

Thing is, I'm not sure if a 40mm can is going to fit in there. The 36mm can with the heatsink is awfully close to the center shaft as it is.

Has anyone done this with a similar chassis?
20231223_144603.jpg

Have you tried thicker fluid in the center diff? Those 4s systems are pretty lively, I feel if you can get more transfer to the rear it will do exactly what you want..

Have you tried thicker fluid in the center diff? Those 4s systems are pretty lively, I feel if you can get more transfer to the rear it will do exactly what you want..
Yup, 1 milion in there now. Was thinking ear plugs but I don't know.

Yeah 1 million is definitely plenty to wheelie.. not sure you will see much difference in ear plugs, especially if the 1 million is new..

Did you thicken the rear diff as well?

As for the 6s system it will fit.. people have jammed them in the 3s/4s line since the inception of them... The weight will increase significantly though with an extra 2 cells.. it may need some suspension tuning to deal with it...

Make sure you thicken the f/r diffs if moving to 6s, liable to blow tires like crazy with thin fluids..

Yeah 1 million is definitely plenty to wheelie.. not sure you will see much difference in ear plugs, especially if the 1 million is new..

Did you thicken the rear diff as well?

As for the 6s system it will fit.. people have jammed them in the 3s/4s line since the inception of them... The weight will increase significantly though with an extra 2 cells.. it may need some suspension tuning to deal with it...

Make sure you thicken the f/r diffs if moving to 6s, liable to blow tires like crazy with thin fluids..
I didn't touch the other diffs yet but from what I can tell from the site they used 500k all around so I'm assuming that's what's in there.

Was looking into maybe moving to 6s springs, but still not sure. The stock springs have definitely settled but I'm not sure if that was by design. This thing still handles awesomely.

Maybe I should just leave it alone. I guess I'm having wrenching withdrawal from the Senton 😄

😶 You tempting me bro. Really tempting me. 😂

What battery(ies) are you running?
Zee 7,000 3s. They do the job but of course aren't the best. But yeah man in my situation the extra weight helped it out a bit because there are a lot of bumps and stuff so the weight helped it not get tossed around quite as much. It's a blast man it really is

Zee 7,000 3s. They do the job but of course aren't the best. But yeah man in my situation the extra weight helped it out a bit because there are a lot of bumps and stuff so the weight helped it not get tossed around quite as much. It's a blast man it really is
Ok. I only use Zeee batts so no worries there. Does it at least look like she wants to wheelie?

I'm trying to ascertain whether going 4074 2050kv w/16t pinion will make her stand up. I've seen someone do it with the stock motor on 6s.

Ok. I only use Zeee batts so no worries there. Does it at least look like she wants to wheelie?

I'm trying to ascertain whether going 4074 2050kv w/16t pinion will make her stand up. I've seen someone do it with the stock motor on 6s.
Well certainly depends on the surface, my surface is mostly loose dirt and rocks so she's slippin and sliding a lot. It is right on the edge of a wheelie for sure if I went up a few more teeth I'm sure it would. 6s on the stock motor makes sense that's very high kV for 6s lol. Burn that sucker up quick. The 2050 on 16 I would imagine would be similar to mine, hard to say. The MMX8s is wild in this truck, it hardly even gets warm after a whole pack of a ton of full throttle. The motor gets pretty warm and could use a fan on it at some point but not totally necessary. I'm sure you will enjoy the 6s setup and you can sell your 4s combo for a pretty good amount

Well certainly depends on the surface, my surface is mostly loose dirt and rocks so she's slippin and sliding a lot. It is right on the edge of a wheelie for sure if I went up a few more teeth I'm sure it would. 6s on the stock motor makes sense that's very high kV for 6s lol. Burn that sucker up quick. The 2050 on 16 I would imagine would be similar to mine, hard to say. The MMX8s is wild in this truck, it hardly even gets warm after a whole pack of a ton of full throttle. The motor gets pretty warm and could use a fan on it at some point but not totally necessary. I'm sure you will enjoy the 6s setup and you can sell your 4s combo for a pretty good amount
"I'm sure you will enjoy the 6s setup and you can sell your 4s combo for a pretty good amount"

🤔 *(opens web browser)

I just threw two of my zeee 3s batts in there and the straps barely close around them 🙃

THEN, I looked up a 6s zeee batt dimensions and they are looking like that one batt will fit in there nicely.

So I may be back in it.

I just threw two of my zeee 3s batts in there and the straps barely close around them 🙃

THEN, I looked up a 6s zeee batt dimensions and they are looking like that one batt will fit in there nicely.

So I may be back in it.
Which ones do you have? Mine don't have any issues

@bigbristv, Did you ever get you 4s to stand up? I threw a center diff into my 3s big rock. Running rocket 3674 w Max10 esc w 26t pinion. Just put 60k in front bc of ballooning. Haven't tried 4s to see if it wheelies. Any luck w your setup?
I literally just finished installing it, all except the esc mounting plate I'm waiting on but so far this thing is ungodly fast! I only got to run it a bit on my wet rooftop (it's raining here now) but it does wheelie 😃

Maybe I'll shoot a quick video when it dries up outside. Thanks for checking 👍

Now, both of my boys can stand 🥲

20231228_155512.jpg

20231228_155503.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back