Warranty was rejected!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I submitted a warranty request to replace an exploded diff outdrive on my Kraton EXB. And for the first time ever Horizon rejected my warranty! I feel like they're breaking up with me ;)
View attachment 299375
View attachment 299373
The irony here is they have definitely warrantied "used" items before in the list that they mentioned. Such as the EXB diff gaskets that shredded themselves. Not to mention motors bearings (in which i receive a whole motor rather than just bearings) and those are definitely a wear item.

Not sure why this time is different. Perhaps they've turned a page and are tight for money, so they need to honor less warranties? Perhaps I've hit my secret "lifetime maximum benefit" as a customer?

I'm not mad, just surprised. I don't feel I abuse the warranty process, and this is only the second warranty I've done on the EXB (the first was for F and R diff gaskets, which coincidentally they sent a single whole diff rather than just the gaskets like I asked for). I've always felt reassured that Arrma would back me up if something broke, so I never anticipated a rejected warranty. I guess that time has to come eventually though!
my new Big Rock was denied warranty because I changed the power plug to a common one that my batteries use. Just bullshit and I will never buy arrma again !! Brand new machine and no warranty, absolute bullshit !! Arrma should be ashamed !!!
my new Big Rock was denied warranty because I changed the power plug to a common one that my batteries use. Just bullshit and I will never buy arrma again !! Brand new machine and no warranty, absolute bullshit !! Arrma should be ashamed !!!
I phoned Model Land where I bought it and they just laughed at me and told me that I should have bought their overpriced 3s batteries which they want $70 for each. I bought real good 3s 5200mah for $17 a piece. Don't buy at Model land because you will get screwed !

This is actually very common, Traxxas does the same.

It's the reason I use EC5 connectors even though I prefer XT90. I usually don't cut the connector until warranty is up or don't need it.

Sorry you had to go through that though. 😞

Last edited:

I phoned Model Land where I bought it and they just laughed at me and told me that I should have bought their overpriced 3s batteries which they want $70 for each. I bought real good 3s 5200mah for $17 a piece. Don't buy at Model land because you will get screwed !
This has to be wrong. I can see it MAYBE and POSSIBLY voiding a claim with the esc, but it makes no sense your entire warranty is voided. By that reasoning, even changing stock electronics voids the warranty and I know that to not be true. But it's been noted here many times that it comes down to who you speak to and how their day is going. I'd call back and re-submit the claim. Hopefully you gevt another CS rep having a better day. It also helps(not accusing you) to remain clam and rational when speaking with them. After all, they are the first line to either approve or deny your claim.
But what I'm going to put my foot down with and call you out on is; what possible 3s 5200mah lipo for $17(US I assume?) could perform "real good"? If it exists and lives up to your claims, i need them in my life! Lol Unless they were bought used?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back