Warranty was rejected!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
I submitted a warranty request to replace an exploded diff outdrive on my Kraton EXB. And for the first time ever Horizon rejected my warranty! I feel like they're breaking up with me ;)
20230512_103211.jpg

Screenshot_20230513_070859.jpg

The irony here is they have definitely warrantied "used" items before in the list that they mentioned. Such as the EXB diff gaskets that shredded themselves. Not to mention motors bearings (in which i receive a whole motor rather than just bearings) and those are definitely a wear item.

Not sure why this time is different. Perhaps they've turned a page and are tight for money, so they need to honor less warranties? Perhaps I've hit my secret "lifetime maximum benefit" as a customer?

I'm not mad, just surprised. I don't feel I abuse the warranty process, and this is only the second warranty I've done on the EXB (the first was for F and R diff gaskets, which coincidentally they sent a single whole diff rather than just the gaskets like I asked for). I've always felt reassured that Arrma would back me up if something broke, so I never anticipated a rejected warranty. I guess that time has to come eventually though!

I knew sooner or later a time would come when Horizon would need to tighten their belts. They have been great, possibly the best, with warranty claims. Not pointing fingers here, but I've seen so many instances of warranty abuse that was downright ridiculous. One guy I know hit a post with his TLR Typhon and claims it was a small jump and HH replaced his shock and front suspension arms. And I could only imagine how many claims were like this. We could be seeing the end of an era of great CS here.

I submitted a warranty request to replace an exploded diff outdrive on my Kraton EXB. And for the first time ever Horizon rejected my warranty! I feel like they're breaking up with me ;)
View attachment 299375
View attachment 299373
The irony here is they have definitely warrantied "used" items before in the list that they mentioned. Such as the EXB diff gaskets that shredded themselves. Not to mention motors bearings (in which i receive a whole motor rather than just bearings) and those are definitely a wear item.

Not sure why this time is different. Perhaps they've turned a page and are tight for money, so they need to honor less warranties? Perhaps I've hit my secret "lifetime maximum benefit" as a customer?

I'm not mad, just surprised. I don't feel I abuse the warranty process, and this is only the second warranty I've done on the EXB (the first was for F and R diff gaskets, which coincidentally they sent a single whole diff rather than just the gaskets like I asked for). I've always felt reassured that Arrma would back me up if something broke, so I never anticipated a rejected warranty. I guess that time has to come eventually though!
That's why I always consider doing my warrantys with HH when new out the box. The obvious Assy Defects before my first run. Mostly stripped out plastic parts. That drives me insane. I always expect this when I buy any new Arrma 6s. Many never even check for stripped out plastics. It is easy to find yourself with $130.00+ in stripped parts right out the box.

>>>Outdrive cups are extreme wear items in general. Crap happens.
Go with M2C outdrives. My suggestion. And don't look back. What I do, when replacing them due to normal wear. All the Input and Output drive cups.
With RTR's and EXB RTR's, the RTR electrics are generally covered for the 2 Years. And not considered wear items per se, for the most part. Fans and BB's are considered wear items according to HH according to them per conversations in regards in past. BB's in the motors can and will wear out. Some very much sooner than later. Sometimes the BB's will fail even within a few packs, on a new rig. Even my FT like many others, saw their Inner Hub BB's fail quickly and just explode apart within a few packs. In fact all the OE BB's are subpar, and not lubed well when I inspect them. But I rather buy Upgrade BB's out the gate. HH is only going to give you/warranty the same BS BB's again anyway.
HH denied my stripped parts Warranty claim with my last recent FT purchase. Never run. I made that very clear. And that this is a pattern of Arrma Factory QC. First time they denied a claim with me of all 8 Arrmas that I own. I escalated it to the Serv. manager, Chris. Took several weeks, but they had a change of heart. And within 3 days all the parts were at my door. I even referred them/ linked to my Arrmaforum FT build here.:giggle: Maybe that had someting to do with it? IDK.
HH also keeps track of how many claims in addition to how many Arrma models you own and registered with them, and what parts you always warranty. That is for sure. I was told that by the HH manager. It is part of most business models to deny a certain percentage of Warranty claims. Especially frivilous ones. And yes "some" may get Tires and plastic parts warranty replaced, commonly due to Driver error. Just don't expect that all the time. This can ruin a legit warranty claim for many others.
:cool:

Last edited:
View attachment 299375
View attachment 299373

You have a point that is rather odd. That is a bit ridiculous because how are you supposed to know if a wear and tear item is defective in strength unless you try it out first? You don't thats the problem.

Probably changed “powertrain warranty” on wear components because of people like me, bought one new 6S rig last year and use that warranty for all other 6 different configurations I built from used components! JK 😉

Honestly can’t believe they haven’t forced people to register online upon box opening, then give a 30-90 day window for bumper to bumper or even just electronic failures(maybe they do now 🤷‍♂️). It’s a several resource job just for RMA/service components alone in corporate business, now add in the system abuse for 2 years 😬

That's why I always consider doing my warrantys with HH when new out the box. The obvious Assy Defects before my first run. Mostly stripped out plastic parts. That drives me insane. I always expect this when I buy any new Arrma 6s. Many never even check for stripped out plastics. It is easy to find yourself with $130.00+ in stripped parts right out the box.

>>>Outdrive cups are extreme wear items in general. Crap happens.
Go with M2C outdrives. My suggestion. And don't look back. What I do, when replacing them due to normal wear. All the Input and Output drive cups.
With RTR's and EXB RTR's, the RTR electrics are generally covered for the 2 Years. And not considered wear items per se, for the most part. Fans and BB's are considered wear items according to HH according to them per conversations in regards in past. BB's in the motors can and will wear out. Some very much sooner than later. Sometimes the BB's will fail even within a few packs, on a new rig. Even my FT like many others, saw their Inner Hub BB's fail quickly and just explode apart within a few packs. In fact all the OE BB's are subpar, and not lubed well when I inspect them. But I rather buy Upgrade BB's out the gate. HH is only going to give you/warranty the same BS BB's again anyway.
HH denied my stripped parts Warranty claim with my last recent FT purchase. Never run. I made that very clear. And that this is a pattern of Arrma Factory QC. First time they denied a claim with to me of all 8 Arrmas that I own. I escalated it to the Serv. manager, Chris. Took several weeks, but they had a change of heart. And within 3 days all the parts were at my door. I even referred them/ linked to my Arrmaforum FT build here.:giggle: Maybe that had someting to do with it? IDK.
HH also keeps track of how many claims in addition to how many Arrma models you own and registered with them, and what parts you always warranty. That is for sure. I was told that by the HH manager. It is part of most business models to deny a certain percentage of Warranty claims. Especially frivilous ones. And yes "some" may get Tires and plastic parts warranty replaced, commonly due to Driver error. Just don't expect that all the time. This can ruin a legit warranty claim for many others.
:cool:
The ONLY new RC I bought for myself, the 6s Kraton had a ton of stripped out plastics when i did the initial disassembly inspection prior to using it. I'm guessing they use power drivers with the torque set too high and speed too fast on the assembly lines. Two great products to use are JB Kwick and JB Plastic Bonder.
Screenshot_20230513_115345_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230513_115319_Samsung Internet.jpg
I will mix up a small batch, stuff the hole, lightly spray WD 40 on the bolt. Let it set until half hardened(2-3 minutes) and screw the bolt in. The excess will push out from top, it bonds to the plastic/composite and WD 40 allows the bolt to easily come out. Now you have new threads bonded to the plastic/composite.

The ONLY new RC I bought for myself, the 6s Kraton had a ton of stripped out plastics when i did the initial disassembly inspection prior to using it. I'm guessing they use power drivers with the torque set too high and speed too fast on the assembly lines. Two great products to use are JB Kwick and JB Plastic Bonder. View attachment 299415View attachment 299416I will mix up a small batch, stuff the hole, lightly spray WD 40 on the bolt. Let it set until half hardened(2-3 minutes) and screw the bolt in. The excess will push out from top, it bonds to the plastic/composite and WD 40 allows the bolt to easily come out. Now you have new threads bonded to the plastic/composite.
Thanks for the tip! That plastic bonder looks like good stuff. I usually just use a toothpick and super glue, line (but do not fill) the hole with super glue, let dry, and put the screw back in.

Very inconsistent! Replaced 4 ripped tires on my Senton. Of course you have to use them to rip them... I would follow up all the way to the supreme court. Sometimes it just a matter of what human clown picks up your e-mail.
FWIW, always tug on the beads of any and all new tires Before running them. Any tires. I will usually add a full additional bead of CA ( BSI IC-2000) on all the tires. I use Simple Green before applying. Cleans and prepares the rubber better and the CA also cures better this way. Both sides. Balancing them really adds to durability as well with any tire . Some OE tires just suck no matter what you do. I hated the Copperhead 2's for instance. Blow out and tear apart if you just sneeze at them. No matter what you do!! On just 6s. And I did warranty 4 of them. No issue with HH. I just don't use them at all now. Suck for driving IMHO. They are my shelf tires. Just all show and no go with them.:p

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! That plastic bonder looks like good stuff. I usually just use a toothpick and super glue, line (but do not fill) the hole with super glue, let dry, and put the screw back in.
That works too and I did similar, only coating the bolt with it like threadlocker. Issue is you have to do it every time. Look at this: I had a bolt snap off in the plastic bulkhead of my TT02(cheap stainless steel). To extract it, I cut the bulkhead area down enough to get pliers on the shaft. Then used JB Kwick to rebuild the height of the bulkhead. It's since been put on and taken off many times and the repair still holds strong. A friend in my crawler group clued me on into this more permanent method.
20230513_123754.jpg
20230513_124036.jpg

The ONLY new RC I bought for myself, the 6s Kraton had a ton of stripped out plastics when i did the initial disassembly inspection prior to using it. I'm guessing they use power drivers with the torque set too high and speed too fast on the assembly lines. Two great products to use are JB Kwick and JB Plastic Bonder. View attachment 299415View attachment 299416I will mix up a small batch, stuff the hole, lightly spray WD 40 on the bolt. Let it set until half hardened(2-3 minutes) and screw the bolt in. The excess will push out from top, it bonds to the plastic/composite and WD 40 allows the bolt to easily come out. Now you have new threads bonded to the plastic/composite.
Yeah I know for a fact that Power Drivers are used for Arrma Factory assy. All RTR brands do this. Can't be done any other way for fast production line runs. Doesn't take rocket science to figure out that unskilled slave labor assembles these models. And at a very fast pace. Labor force is hungering for these simple jobs. These models are built into sub assemblies, extremely fast. And QC is non existent. HH USA knows all of this too. They know exactly what they are doing here.
The 2 year warranty is an industry first. How HH first sucks you in to the fold.:giggle:

How about going to the manufacturer? I would definitely send them a link to here. This the last Arrma I buy for a long while if they are going to treat you like this..

+1
With Input and Output drives, running M2C is a given.(y)
Not indestructable, but way better. And don't cost much more if at all in some cases over OE. It's a no brainer.

Thanks for the suggestions. After looking at prices, i agree the m2c replacements seem like the much better alternative. Horizon doesn't feel the need to be competitive with M2C?

Thoughts on their response to my follow on email?
Screenshot_20230513_183503.jpg

Screenshot_20230513_183521.jpg

Again, I'm not mad. I figured it was worth a try to see if Horizon would step in. It would be nice to have warranty stuff spelled out better when you purchase. And it seems like there is a bit of "what human do you get" that day for warranty results.

Thanks for the suggestions. After looking at prices, i agree the m2c replacements seem like the much better alternative. Horizon doesn't feel the need to be competitive with M2C?

Thoughts on their response to my follow on email?
View attachment 299549
View attachment 299550
Again, I'm not mad. I figured it was worth a try to see if Horizon would step in. It would be nice to have warranty stuff spelled out better when you purchase. And it seems like there is a bit of "what human do you get" that day for warranty results.
Seems like a very reasonable response to me... maybe they got tired of their warranty being abused by people hitting a wall at 60mph and then claiming warranty o_O

Honestly, it wouldn't even cross my mind to try and claim warranty on an 18 month old outdrive, that's ridiculous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back