Kraton We Finally Feel Happy With Kleo!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennys

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
I have to say that it was a blast building Kleo. As some may already know, this build was with my pup Kai in mind. It was all about building a fast, durable and reliable RC. The project started with a Notorious V5 RTR. Took the RC out with the pup and this dog was able to cash up to it without issues. Let me be clear, Kai is a 50% Boxer 50% Amstaff with a drive of gold. This pup will go after anything and destroy it. So, the Notorious and the wheeling and the overheating with bigger pinions, everything had to go. Got the Kraton 6s LWB chassis and tried a few motors with the Spektrum 160a ESC until landing on the 1250kv with a 30/50 gear ratio. Yes, I did tried the 1717 1650kv by Castle and it was overheating with a 21000rpm fan mounted. The setup feel comfortable to drive for me the way it is now and most important, the pup is not even close to catching this beast. I posted a link to a video with the pup at the local beach and it was just epic, loved it.

PS: Still have not find the body mount extensions since I want to keep the Notorious body. I do have it secured, but it will be great to do it the right way. Any tips on where to find them is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you in advance.

IMG_0119.jpeg

Depending on how you want to do it, you don't need extensions for the posts if you just make new holes in the body. You will also need to trim the rear of the body where the taillights are and what not since it's no longer sitting over the rear tower

But either way it's great that you are happy and I'm sure your dog is extremely happy as well!

Depending on how you want to do it, you don't need extensions for the posts if you just make new holes in the body. You will also need to trim the rear of the body where the taillights are and what not since it's no longer sitting over the rear tower

But either way it's great that you are happy and I'm sure your dog is extremely happy as well!
I was able to cut it nicely and it fits great. However, the body does not get all the way back to where the mounts are, it is barely able to get there. that is why I cannot make new holes. :( I might just end-up using velcro on the side of the body.
Yes, we are happy with the set up. The pup can't get enough of it.

I was able to cut it nicely and it fits great. However, the body does not get all the way back to where the mounts are, it is barely able to get there. that is why I cannot make new holes. :( I might just end-up using velcro on the side of the body.
Yes, we are happy with the set up. The pup can't get enough of it.
That's weird because I have put an outcast body on my dad's kraton without an issue after trimming

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back