Typhon Weird noise. Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I have a Arrma Typhon 3s and it is making a weird grinding/clicking noise. I checked and reset the mesh. It is not the mesh or the motor. I changed out the bearings too. Does anyone have a simple answer to this? Is this the diffs?

I have a Arrma Typhon 3s and it is making a weird grinding/clicking noise. I checked and reset the mesh. It is not the mesh or the motor. I changed out the bearings too. Does anyone have a simple answer to this? Is this the diffs?
You should post a video so we can hear it ..you won't get a good answer due to us being blind and deaf.need audio and visual plz..👍

You should post a video so we can hear it ..you won't get a good answer due to us being blind and deaf.need audio and visual plz..👍
I tried and don't know how to post a video. I opened it up and my rear input gear blew. I have some reinforced Nylon and a file for the gear. Do you suppose the 2nd strongest 3d filament may work? It handles up to 260 degrees.

Yeah look into the diffs now. Rears wear out first IMHO. But could be the Fr. I would definitely rebuild both because chances are the other will soon need it. Replace the diff oil while you are at it. Might need to shim the Main gears too. If they aren't already destroyed that is.:rolleyes:
Need a video. Best way for us to help better.
Sounds like you have a mess on your hands.:p

Yeah look into the diffs now. Rears wear out first IMHO. But could be the Fr. I would definitely rebuild both because chances are the other will soon need it. Replace the diff oil while you are at it. Might need to shim the Main gears too. If they aren't already destroyed that is.:rolleyes:
Need a video. Best way for us to help better.
Sounds like you have a mess on your hands.:p
I just checked my diffs and they seem totally fie thank goodness. I have never had any diff/input gear problems with any rig except this one. All my other bashers are Traxxas and they have metal diffs and input gears. That is the only downside to the cheaper arrma vehicles I have really found. The noise was absolutely my input gear. It looks like a chew toy.

I installed metal ring and input gears along with hot racing yokes in the rear of both my 3s rigs. So far so good. If it happens once it can again and I don't have the patience.

IMG_20230409_185550000_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230410_115435412.jpg

IMG_20230413_105210929_HDR.jpg

^^^I feel ya. You really have no choice but to dump all that coin into those diffs fixes, not much of an option, if you want to avoid constant repairs. Costly. You are already in 6s territory at this point. 6s rigs don't require those expensive "Fixes". You can get 15-20 runs/packs on stock 6s diffs if simply built properly.

I just checked my diffs and they seem totally fie thank goodness. I have never had any diff/input gear problems with any rig except this one. All my other bashers are Traxxas and they have metal diffs and input gears. That is the only downside to the cheaper arrma vehicles I have really found. The noise was absolutely my input gear. It looks like a chew toy.
If you replace the input gear with another stocker, I might suggest also replacing the ring gear if there is even the slightest bit of wear. They don't play well together when one is worn. Some have had great success with just switching to metal yokes only. My plastic ones clearly warped and caused my carnage.

So now you need both the Input gear and Main gear (always replace as a new set of them). No cutting corners here.

Last edited:
I first thought it was funny because how are we supposed to know without hearing it and such. But after deep thought, it is the rear input gear. You stripped it while sending it from 0-50 in 1.5 seconds lol. Seriously though check the rear input gear.

edit: disregard. lol

I tried and don't know how to post a video. I opened it up and my rear input gear blew. I have some reinforced Nylon and a file for the gear. Do you suppose the 2nd strongest 3d filament may work? It handles up to 260 degrees.
Go to your video and press share .copy the link address then come back on here and post that link .or download it to you tube same process .while you have the rear diff apart check the teeth .I bet one is chewed up .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back