Granite Can I do this??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lardog13

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all! So I have a fully customized granite BLX. Pretty much all aluminum and metal suspension and everything else along with spur gear and diffs and upgraded ceramic bearings throughout. Point being I have some time and money into this project. I know it would be easier to go by a bigger 4S or even 6s car, but what I am wanting to do is slap some eighth scale tires on my 10th scale chassis with a bigger motor?? Right now I'm running stock motor and esc, kind of been waiting for them to burn out or something to go wrong with them to upgrade, but it hasn't happened. I got this crazy idea and I was wondering what you guys were thinking?

You would prolly swap esc's first.. you can gear the motor down for the bigger tires if your not looking for a big gain in speed, should be fine.. id swap that first before anything else!? 😎
By just changing esc, can I upgrade to 4S with the stock motor?? It has plenty of power as far as I can tell right now. I guess I'm a little worried about it heating up and stressing it too much. Worst case scenario, I burn up the stock and buy new right? Lol!

If it's the stocker, you could gear it down and monitor the temps, it is rated for 3s but I have seen a lot of members run them on 4s.. make sure you have a nice cooling system setup for the motor and maybe even swap out the esc fan depending on what esc you go with!? What temps are you running into with the current setup!?

I 2nd just gear down. Technically with a bigger tire & smaller pinion your speed should be about the same....

Bigger tires are heavier and will strain drivetrain more. Plastic diffs etc.

Gear down and fan up. You'll be good.

Hello all! So I have a fully customized granite BLX. Pretty much all aluminum and metal suspension and everything else along with spur gear and diffs and upgraded ceramic bearings throughout. Point being I have some time and money into this project. I know it would be easier to go by a bigger 4S or even 6s car, but what I am wanting to do is slap some eighth scale tires on my 10th scale chassis with a bigger motor?? Right now I'm running stock motor and esc, kind of been waiting for them to burn out or something to go wrong with them to upgrade, but it hasn't happened. I got this crazy idea and I was wondering what you guys were thinking?
I run firma 150a and 4074 2050kv bought it from jennys rc. $124.00, ru m s on 3s to 6s lots of fun, you will find the weak parts if you run 6s

I run the firma 150a and 4074 2050kv spektrum motor in mine, it will run on 3s - 6s so you can take and start on 3s-4s before you put the 6s in it and find the weak parts. But it was pretty straight forward install, make sure you put the good parts in the trans
I run the firma 150a and 4074 2050kv spektrum motor in mine, it will run on 3s - 6s so you can take and start on 3s-4s before you put the 6s in it and find the weak parts. But it was pretty straight forward install, make sure you put the good parts in the trans
Oh by the way $124.00 to the door motor and esc

Jennys rc

Jennys rc
Sorry didn't see I already replied. But this 6s for the price is a monster

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back