Typhon What am i doing wrong? Advice highly appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Topping out at 56 mph with 20t optional pinion on typhon 6s.. what am I doing wrong? Tire compound(s1 grp tyres), battery size I'm using? (2 5200mah 50c) lectron pro

Any tips or advice on what to change, to make me go faster is always appreciated. Bigger batteries, better radio & receiver, different pinion sizes? Thanks in advance

Topping out at 56 mph with 20t optional pinion on typhon 6s.. what am I doing wrong? Tire compound(s1 grp tyres), battery size I'm using? (2 5200mah 50c) lectron pro

Any tips or advice on what to change, to make me go faster is always appreciated. Bigger batteries, better radio & receiver, different pinion sizes? Thanks in advance

Set punch on esc to 9. Set end points on transmitter for throttle. It's not unleashing full potential.

With a 20t pinion on 98mm grp tires you're maxing out

IMG_1275.PNG

If you change to the Infraction 46t spur and a 24t pinion you're looking at...

IMG_1276.PNG

Link to speed calculator here...
http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

Set punch on esc to 9. Set end points on transmitter for throttle. It's not unleashing full potential.
I have a question..update on my 57 mph 6s typhon with 20t pinion

Just Recalibrated my Blx 185 ESC settings.
Set neutral, full throttle, and brake.
Punch Setting level 9
Brake strength level 2 (Default) 37.5%
Running Mode level 2, FWD/Brake/Reverse

Before I could go in reverse at Throttle limit 50 and 75%. Now after I recalibrated my ESC, I can only go in reverse during 100% throttle limit . Is this right? Just curious I don't really mind as I'm going to be doing speed runs, but just need some input. Thanks in advance
I've found the calculator I linked to earlier to be the most accurate in real world testing. Tire growth is the only variable that the user needs to factor into the equation when looking for accurate figures.
What tires do you recommend me buying? Or better yet what size would be better?

Last edited:
I have a question..update on my 57 mph 6s typhon with 20t pinion

Just Recalibrated my Blx 185 ESC settings.
Set neutral, full throttle, and brake.
Punch Setting level 9
Brake strength level 2 (Default) 37.5%
Running Mode level 2, FWD/Brake/Reverse

Before I could go in reverse at Throttle limit 50 and 75%. Now after I recalibrated my ESC, I can only go in reverse during 100% throttle limit . Is this right? Just curious I don't really mind as I'm going to be doing speed runs, but just need some input. Thanks in advance

This is common on the STX2 aka Sucks 2 B U radio. It’s a piece of trash and should never be sold or included in any vehicle. Get anything else. A $30 Chinese POS radio will be bounds better.

This is common on the STX2 aka Sucks 2 B U radio. It’s a piece of trash and should never be sold or included in any vehicle. Get anything else. A $30 Chinese POS radio will be bounds better.
Thanks I had a feeling something was wrong because everything I did was correct lol.
Any good combo you recommend me to buy? I don't mind investing into my already expensive rc car lol. On my Tamiya tt02d I remember using a FlySky something.. I don't really know about Esc's that are capable of holding up to 6s power, so any tips are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

If you're going after speed runs keep the GRPs and pick a pinion and spur gear combination that should give you the target speed you're after. Increasing the circumference of the tire will inevitably add reciprocating weight and eats up power from the motor that's better spent accelerating the vehicle. When the game is pure speed, the least amount of unsprung weight, the better.
There's also not a lot of options for tires larger than about 105mm that don't balloon at speeds over 60mph

If you're going after speed runs keep the GRPs and pick a pinion and spur gear combination that should give you the target speed you're after. Increasing the circumference of the tire will inevitably add reciprocating weight and eats up power from the motor that's better spent accelerating the vehicle. When the game is pure speed, the least amount of unsprung weight, the better.
There's also not a lot of options for tires larger than about 105mm that don't balloon at speeds over 60mph
Thanks! Looks like I'll be needing to upgrade to a spool type of set up so I can unleash full power lol. I'll use a calculator to determine how much I can push on all stock electronics on my v4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back