Infraction What am I missing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DetroitSS

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Typhon 3s
I got the Infraction v2 [blue] all stock except for the 28t pinion. I power it with two spektrum smart 5000mah 50c 3s batteries. It used to go somewhat strait with the stock transmitter but never great it would wander and the back woulld slide out from time to time. I switched to a spektrum dx5r transmitter[green]. now no matter which transmitter I use the avc is not very useful. I can go 6 feet at about 5mph and it will just turn and in a speed run if I hit the trigger after rolling out, the rearend washes out. Any one have any idea on how the infraction v2 should be set up on either transmitter. Any ideas would be great, non the less have a good one.

I do not your TX but the DX5C... this is also for the Infraction v1

Calibrate as they said above... Main screen my S/r 75%...just me all I need for drifting...

1619469061280.png

I like a little AVC why I got this remote to kill the throttle gain for AVC
STR Gain 55% (higher than this number the back will wobble on mine at high speed...this is my max and below)
THR Gain 0%
Pri 100%

Full throttle off the line back end burns off and as it fishtails it lines up straight and drives back to me straigh. As you can see I did not have to mess with sterring trim any...

Actually on that rear end, you are describing what my damn Felony does.
Run it without the AVC and do all the work yourself!! You'll learn to drive a lot better too👍

Damn right! I always get others looking at me at the mall so to look like I know how to drive it I must cheat a little 🤣
I got the Infraction v2 [blue] all stock except for the 28t pinion. I power it with two spektrum smart 5000mah 50c 3s batteries. It used to go somewhat strait with the stock transmitter but never great it would wander and the back woulld slide out from time to time. I switched to a spektrum dx5r transmitter[green]. now no matter which transmitter I use the avc is not very useful. I can go 6 feet at about 5mph and it will just turn and in a speed run if I hit the trigger after rolling out, the rearend washes out. Any one have any idea on how the infraction v2 should be set up on either transmitter. Any ideas would be great, non the less have a good one.

Forgot....I do balance those tires both the GRP and Hoons....not saying it will fix your issue but at these speeds, I want even balanced tires...

Last edited:
I prefer to dial back priority (uh, authority inverse, if you will) to 85% straight off. I set TH gain low, to 15%. I find the ideal ST gain by mapping the knob on my DX4S to ST gain and doing street sprints, dialing down until the wobble goes away. Then set it and forget it.

I think I might be ok tomorrow. I rebound and recalibrated, it still did it then after closer inspection the tape holding the reciever in keeps coming loose so I got some heavy duty double sided tape. I think when I was rebinding and calibrating the reciever wasnt sitting flat[has to be sitting flat on one of the sides or top bottom with the vehicle on a level surface for the reciver to be able to accurately apply avc]. Was speed running 4 cars today so I ran out of day daylight. No work tomorrow and 80f here tomorrow so i got all day for this stuff. I appreciate the responses. Once I get it smoothed out I will ditch the ebrake[no real use for that]. Replace the top brace, chasis braces and anything else to lighten it up. I got two Gens 6000mah 120c 3s lipos ima give a run.

I prefer to dial back priority (uh, authority inverse, if you will) to 85% straight off. I set TH gain low, to 15%. I find the ideal ST gain by mapping the knob on my DX4S to ST gain and doing street sprints, dialing down until the wobble goes away. Then set it and forget it.

Thx for sharing.... You bash/drift more with your Infraction or speed runs?
I think I might be ok tomorrow. I rebound and recalibrated, it still did it then after closer inspection the tape holding the reciever in keeps coming loose so I got some heavy duty double sided tape. I think when I was rebinding and calibrating the reciever wasnt sitting flat[has to be sitting flat on one of the sides or top bottom with the vehicle on a level surface for the reciver to be able to accurately apply avc]. Was speed running 4 cars today so I ran out of day daylight. No work tomorrow and 80f here tomorrow so i got all day for this stuff. I appreciate the responses. Once I get it smoothed out I will ditch the ebrake[no real use for that]. Replace the top brace, chasis braces and anything else to lighten it up. I got two Gens 6000mah 120c 3s lipos ima give a run.

Cool...share your results and numbers you liked afterwards... I will even try the ones ^^^^ posted to see what that feels like. Good feedback.

Thx for sharing.... You bash/drift more with your Infraction or speed runs?
I don't have an infraction (yet), but I do have experience with AVC and have spent a lot of time setting it up for optimal handling on Arrma and others. I am a big fan of AVC both on and off road. The effect and numbers vary from car to car, but as a starting point, I've found the best results in general to be at the ends of the range I cited. I hope it saves you some time.

I appreciate your help. I knocked out a couple runs down the block in the lights, a receiver not rattling around in the receiver box seems to help. I will make a couple hits on the infraction tomorrow morning to be sure, I need to do a few more runs on my 4s Big Rock, I only hit 68mph today, it gets a little hard to control on the top end. Most oy my day will be trying to get some decent runs on my 6s Kaiju, I have hopes for that one. Very similar power compared to the infraction but much lighter, throw on my Proline Primes lower it and se what comes of it.

I don't have an infraction (yet), but I do have experience with AVC and have spent a lot of time setting it up for optimal handling on Arrma and others. I am a big fan of AVC both on and off road. The effect and numbers vary from car to car, but as a starting point, I've found the best results in general to be at the ends of the range I cited. I hope it saves you some time.

Hey... much-appreicated AVC is all new to me and the DX5C. Finding the right numbers is work, but fun. I will definitely give those numbers a try...welcome any advice in the area or settings to try!

I do like AVC as well...

Thx

Right on. When it's set up right, you will forget it's even there. Except you hit more jumps and mark your turns tighter. Straight line runs don't wander. It doesn't become Tesla autopilot, but it improves the performance of scaled cars that have not-to-scale light weight and somewhat sloppy rigging compared to a full scale performance car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back