What are the effects of longer shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DalyTek

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
I have been looking into upgrading the shocks on my Typhon 3s and reading all the info in the pinned post and various other posts via search, and I noticed a lot of the available shocks are a little longer than the stock shocks. What are the effects of putting a longer shock on the vehicle?

Longer is better always

That is what she says.

TOPIC:
Have you destroy any shock ?
If NOT, don't replace

You have destroy stock plastic ones ?
I can give you some alu stuff info.

Do you need my 3s alu rigs shock info ?

Take care and have a happy new year

I have not messed up the stock shocks, but I have not really used them much. I replaced with ZD shocks, but they keep bending. I just put the stock ones back on for now, but I am looking at the other options.

I know that the Typhon 6s shocks are a good choice, but they are pricey. My question is mostly to know what effects the longer shock will have. i.e. what if I were to put Outcast 6s shocks on my Typhon 3s?

I have not messed up the stock shocks, but I have not really used them much. I replaced with ZD shocks, but they keep bending. I just put the stock ones back on for now, but I am looking at the other options.

I know that the Typhon 6s shocks are a good choice, but they are pricey. My question is mostly to know what effects the longer shock will have. i.e. what if I were to put Outcast 6s shocks on my Typhon 3s?

doesn't matter what's put on it.. as long as there is enough stroke to let the chassis touch the ground before bottoming out the shock...

Longer shocks will most likely raise your rig.. raising the cg of the rig... you can combat this with limiters placed under the pistons.. but the most important part is enough stroke to let the chassis touch first...?

Never done it myself but I'm guessing it would change your ride height and handling because of the higher center of gravity

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back