What did I break? (Arrma Notorious 6s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRCGuy1050

Reaction score
Hi all. Just recently joined the forum, so my apologies if I do something wrong.

So today I ran my RC Car in a park. I accidentally crashed it into a tree... not at full speed, . Not long afterwards, I lost most of my power and my rig started to smoke heavily... and then it would stop moving. Sounded like I broke something, so I took a look, and saw this.
Video on MEGA (Autoplay, muted.)

That immediately made me think: driveline component.

I also saw some shrapnel fall out, and then a smaller gear fall out of the chassis.
What did I break (again)?
I also did just get the thing repaired almost a month ago... it seems likely it was a part that was just fixed too... darn it.
Will get some more images on this post shortly.

Welcome to the forum. It could be many things. You need to pull the battery, of course, and then inspect your truck.
The video doesn’t show much at all, apart from the fact that it’s filthy! 😂 And with no sound on the video either it makes it harder to diagnose. You still have a spur and a pinion, but that’s all it shows.
There is really no way around you being involved in the maintenance of your truck if you choose this hobby. It may seem intimidating at first, but you’ll pick it up quickly and may even enjoy it.
Clean it, start an inspection, tear down what you need to fix or replace, take pictures, and ask any questions you need to. Lots of super knowledgeable people here can help!

Last edited:
sounds like your centre diff has exploded if it has get a aluminium one

Welcome to the forum! Came to the right place for help 👍🏼
There is really no way around you being involved in the maintenance
☝🏼 get familiar with and used to working with your rig 🤙🏼

Welcome to the forum. It could be many things. You need to pull the battery, of course, and then inspect your truck.
The video doesn’t show much at all, apart from the fact that it’s filthy! 😂 And with no sound on the video either it makes it harder to diagnose. You still have a spur and a pinion, but that’s all it shows.
There is really no way around you being involved in the maintenance of your truck if you choose this hobby. It may seem intimidating at first, but you’ll pick it up quickly and may even enjoy it.
Clean it, start an inspection, tear down what you need to fix or replace, take pictures, and ask any questions you need to. Lots of super knowledgeable people here can help!
Yeah I know lol, need to give it a wipe. It's all dried up dirt.
Here's the video - with audio: https://mega.nz/embed/XswG2LTL#bttgOD4uUfaWmCkKhTd8LzZv76B8ga92MXEnRCQO8vo
I tried to catch it, might have to take another when I get the chance.
I've actually done a little repair and I thought that was fun, and not too difficult. Whatever was there though... Broke so soon! Lol. I guess it's time to tear it down soon.

sounds like your centre diff has exploded if it has get a aluminium one
Possibly. I'll need to take a closer look. It started smoking heavily for a few seconds after the crash too.

I attached a picture of what fell out.

IMG_20230704_221815.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back