I done did it 🤦‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ransom 65

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Went to the skatepark today for the first time with the big rock. I was bashing it pretty hard and it was unscaved! I was super impressed honestly. I was really expecting some of those landings to obliterate it.

Turns out, big rocks don't like hitting trees at full speed though...All-in-all it's pretty minor and still drivable! Oh and I broke a second center support bolt thing. Looks like it did its job though so I ain't mad about it lol

Got me thinkin, which chassis is actually the most durable? Anyone have experience with a couple different metal chassis and have an opinion to share?

4D5364D2-BD02-4BA8-A394-C2DF1BEECDD4.jpeg

FD5E4658-29CC-47E9-9DCA-437C4AE8A70C.jpeg

Went to the skatepark today for the first time with the big rock. I was bashing it pretty hard and it was unscaved! I was super impressed honestly. I was really expecting some of those landings to obliterate it.

Turns out, big rocks don't like hitting trees at full speed though...All-in-all it's pretty minor and still drivable!

Got me thinkin, which chassis is actually the most durable? Anyone have experience with a couple different metal chassis and have an opinion to share?

View attachment 293144
I think you answered your own question.

This one is about as durable as it get for chassis. I've landed directly on the chassis on the edge of the skatepark quarter pipe from about 20 ft up and it flipped a few times. All I had to do was go over, put it on its wheels, and keep driving. Metal is great, but it doesn't bend and snap back like this plastic does. I bet you if my kraton had done the same thing, it would be a chassis taco.

Can you really fault it for breaking when it hit the tree at full speed? ;)

I think you answered your own question.

This one is about as durable as it get for chassis. I've landed directly on the chassis on the edge of the skatepark quarter pipe from about 20 ft up and it flipped a few times. All I had to do was go over, put it on its wheels, and keep driving. Metal is great, but it doesn't bend and snap back like this plastic does. I bet you if my kraton had done the same thing, it would be a chassis taco.

Can you really fault it for breaking when it hit the tree at full speed? ;)
This is true! I've had my back and forth a with going metal, but I like the flexibility that having a pure plastic build has. I feel like as soon as start putting metal on, it's gonna throw everything out of balance and start breaking everything else.
All in all sounds like a good bash today.
Is was indeed! Since it was my first time skatepark bashing, I didn't have the shocks set up. Any recommendations on shock weight?

This is true! I've had my back and forth a with going metal, but I like the flexibility that having a pure plastic build has. I feel like as soon as start putting metal on, it's gonna throw everything out of balance and start breaking everything else.

Is was indeed! Since it was my first time skatepark bashing, I didn't have the shocks set up. Any recommendations on shock weight?
No, I’ve never bashed in a skatepark. Maybe someone will chime in.

Bare minimum, 60 front, 50 rear, but, 70 front, 60 rear is better for hard landings. If you go too heavy, all it will do is break the shock towers. This is my 3S build at a skate park in the winter:
If you watch the few videos I have on my channel, most are done at the same skate park.

Bare minimum, 60 front, 50 rear, but, 70 front, 60 rear is better for hard landings. If you go too heavy, all it will do is break the shock towers. This is my 3S build at a skate park in the winter:
If you watch the few videos I have on my channel, most are done at the same skate park.
I'll have to check what I have. I'll do the 70/60 if I can!

Agree with Hector...keep that stock plastic chassis. 8 bucks on Jenny's when there in stock.
A good thing about the Arrma stuff, there parts are interchangeable between vehicles, so, for the BRCC (Big Rock), which uses the LWB chassis, if you look on Jenny's and they don't have it in stock for the BRCC, see if they have it in stock for the Senton, Typhon, Infraction and Vendetta 3S and mega models (currently, they are only showing it as in stock for the Vendetta), since the chassis is the same for all of them, and, in fact, most of the parts for those cars are all interchangeable, meaning, if it fits one, it will fit any of them, and, things like diffs, diff inputs, diff housings, shocks, shock towers, steering parts, arms and links are pretty universal across the entire mega and 3S line. Basically, the cars fall under LWB (long wheel base) and SWB (short wheel base), and, about the only differences, for example between the LWB Senton and the SWB Granite are the chassis, tires and wheels, bumpers, and body. Everything else between the two will interchange. An easy way to find out what vehicles are compatible with a specific part, in this instance the LWB chassis, is go to the Arrma, not the Horizon Hobby, site, find the part you are looking for, then, once you find it, scroll down, and it will show you every vehicle that part fits. These screenshots are for the LWB chassis, and show what i mean:

Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (7).png

A good thing about the Arrma stuff, there parts are interchangeable between vehicles, so, for the BRCC (Big Rock), which uses the LWB chassis, if you look on Jenny's and they don't have it in stock for the BRCC, see if they have it in stock for the Senton, Typhon, Infraction and Vendetta 3S and mega models (currently, they are only showing it as in stock for the Vendetta), since the chassis is the same for all of them, and, in fact, most of the parts for those cars are all interchangeable, meaning, if it fits one, it will fit any of them, and, things like diffs, diff inputs, diff housings, shocks, shock towers, steering parts, arms and links are pretty universal across the entire mega and 3S line. Basically, the cars fall under LWB (long wheel base) and SWB (short wheel base), and, about the only differences, for example between the LWB Senton and the SWB Granite are the chassis, tires and wheels, bumpers, and body. Everything else between the two will interchange. An easy way to find out what vehicles are compatible with a specific part, in this instance the LWB chassis, is go to the Arrma, not the Horizon Hobby, site, find the part you are looking for, then, once you find it, scroll down, and it will show you every vehicle that part fits. These screenshots are for the LWB chassis, and show what i mean:

View attachment 293214View attachment 293215View attachment 293216View attachment 293217
Great info! Precisely why my gf and I both own 3s rigs. Raped parts from my Senton already to keep her typhon running. No regrets!

Turns out, big rocks don't like hitting trees at full speed though...All-in-all it's pretty minor and still drivable! Oh and I broke a second center support bolt thing. Looks like it did its job though so I ain't mad about it lol

View attachment 293144

View attachment 293145
You pushed her beyond its limits. Is what it is. Want a metal chassis? Get a 6s line Arrma. No metal chassis upgrades exist for the 4x4 line. Thankfully the 4x4 plastic chassis are very cheap to buy. They are well.... cheap for a reason. JennysRC has them. Usually "Sold Out", but expect to break it again at the skatepark or anywhere for that matter. Because it IS a thing with them. Cheap to buy... But hours to swap out a new chassis every time it happens. I rather spend that time bashing. Get a 6s Arrma rig now, and then you will only know what I am saying.
Again, they are usually sold out because many do break these chassis. But they are cheap as you can see below. Start some serious wrenching now. Better get a power driver and some MIP hex tips for it. To speed you up. Careful not to strip out the plastics.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...b-mega-senton-ar102711?variant=19198377721910

Bash on.

Last edited:
You pushed her beyond its limits. Is what it is. Want a metal chassis? Get a 6s line Arrma. No metal chassis upgrades exist for the 4x4 line. Thankfully the 4x4 plastic chassis are very cheap to buy. They are well.... cheap for a reason. JennysRC has them. Usually "Sold Out", but expect to break it again at the skatepark or anywhere for that matter. Because it IS a thing with them. Cheap to buy... But hours to swap out a new chassis every time it happens. I rather spend that time bashing. Get a 6s Arrma rig now, and then you will only know what I am saying.
Again, they are usually sold out because many do break these chassis. But they are cheap as you can see below. Start some serious wrenching now. Better get a power driver and some MIP hex tips for it. To speed you up. Careful not to strip out the plastics.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...b-mega-senton-ar102711?variant=19198377721910

Bash on.
I have heard a few times of guys breaking the chassis on them, but, oddly, that is the one thing i didnt break on either of my builds. Arms, diffs, shocks, shock towers, i even destroyed a servo saver, but didnt hurt the servo itself somehow, but never once broke the chassis itself. Heres a video of me destroying the front end on one of my builds:
Carnage starts around the 3 minute mark.

u sure done did!
TBTH though, this was actually done on purpose. It was for a comparison between this build, and my DHK Hunter build, to see which was better, especially in the cold, and, nothing against Arrma, but, the Hunter won that hands down. The only thing i broke on the Hunter was the front bumper and blew a tire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back