Arrma halfshaft failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zcahjneos

Reaction score
I just made this account 15 seconds ago with a goal of you guys help me enjoy my Arrma.. this thing has been a pain damn near since day one. Current issue is the half shafts (ARAC3982). Almost any time I use my Notorious 6s. The half shafts pop out of the diff (i think that what it is?). It's meant to be abused so I have my fun with it but its so annoying and common, I now baby it. And that doesn't stop it. My cousins came to town. Thought I let them check it out. Open field. at 50% power. SMALL dirt pile, maybe 1.24' tall. The half shaft pops out. It is worth mentioning that it is only 1 side at a time that this happens. I had it running for no more then 5 minutes when it happened. The easy repair to put it back in only takes about 5/8 minutes but its a massive pain.. especially when you have to do it 3-4x if you're using it. Last time I ran my car, I made a hard turn. Braked like normal, then hard left (w/ my brand new servo because the other stopped working 2 weeks ago for zero reason), guess what happened?? Popped out.

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what can be fixed. RC shop locally doesn't have much to say, I've asked them multiple times. Its a bad ass little truck but it fails about 95% of the time it is used.

This is a common issue, and the best fix that I’ve found is to 1. Set your droop. That’s the little screw that goes through the A-arm, and touches the chassis tab. If you wind this down, it limits how far your a-arm can move downward. There are YouTube vids on this.

2. I remove the pillar balls from the a-arms, and remove the red collar from the top, and any extra washers under them. You’ll have to adjust your toe links after this or the toe will be set too far in.

Every 6s build I do gets this treatment, and I haven’t had this issue for a very long time.

This is one of those issues that I find rather annoying as I have 4 6s cars and only 1 that does this and only on the one side.

I have my droop set, I have shock bushings on the outside of the shocks to limit uptravel, I removed the spacers and I eventually ground down the a arms to get it to stop popping out.

All of the above.. must shorten the distance from hub to output cup.. once you do that it should be a thing of the past..

Don't forget to set your end points on that new servo as well or you may lose another servo...👍

This is one of those issues that I find rather annoying as I have 4 6s cars and only 1 that does this and only on the one side.

I have my droop set, I have shock bushings on the outside of the shocks to limit uptravel, I removed the spacers and I eventually ground down the an arms to get it to stop popping out.
Yeah, me too. Only on one rig, a NOTO I bought from another forum member. I’ve set droop and removed the spacers, but I haven’t done the shock shaft spacers yet. Only on right front. Frustrating.

Yeah, me too. Only on one rig, a NOTO I bought from another forum member. I’ve set droop and removed the spacers, but I haven’t done the shock shaft spacers yet. Only on right front. Frustrating.
On my Talion it was the right front as well, after removing the spacers the camber was way off. I ended up removing about 1/16 from the bottom a-arm end. No issues any more. Droop was set as well

Right front for me too. I did have the right one on my Outcast pop out once years ago but I was really beating on it and was amazed that nothing had broken.

The thing that really was weird is that it would pop out as I was going off a jump.

Right front for me too. I did have the right one on my Outcast pop out once years ago but I was really beating on it and was amazed that nothing had broken.

The thing that really was weird is that it would pop out as I was going off a jump.
Mine came out upon landing off a jump at full compression I guess.

This is a common issue, and the best fix that I’ve found is to 1. Set your droop. That’s the little screw that goes through the A-arm, and touches the chassis tab. If you wind this down, it limits how far your a-arm can move downward. There are YouTube vids on this.

2. I remove the pillar balls from the a-arms, and remove the red collar from the top, and any extra washers under them. You’ll have to adjust your toe links after this or the toe will be set too far in.

Every 6s build I do gets this treatment, and I haven’t had this issue for a very long time.
I appreciate this response so, so much. Did the droop adjustment immediately. After removing the spacers too.. the red collars didn't wanna come off so I'll keep them on if the issue persists.
All of the above.. must shorten the distance from hub to output cup.. once you do that it should be a thing of the past..

Don't forget to set your end points on that new servo as well or you may lose another servo...👍
LOL, guess who just looked up how to set their servo end points :). Appreciate the tip! Just got it done
unless* . I'll keep them on, unless** the issue persists.

I appreciate this response so, so much. Did the droop adjustment immediately. After removing the spacers too.. the red collars didn't wanna come off so I'll keep them on if the issue persists.

LOL, guess who just looked up how to set their servo end points :). Appreciate the tip! Just got it done
No problem! You’ll find everybody on this forum is always willing to help. Best forum on the net.

No problem! You’ll find everybody on this forum is always willing to help. Best forum on the net.
Just took it out and beat it up pretty good. Half shaft came out once but I was jumping it and enjoying it for once, so way better then normal. You mentioned removing the balls.. Is that ARA330657??

Also, for any other helpful individuals.. after servo was in, I was turning on a DIME. Now it appears to be pretty wide after having it all apart.. any suggestions on how to gain the tighter radius back?

Once it pops out once the drive cup is gone. It takes very little damage to the drive cup to make this a never ending problem. The suggestion of removing the upper and lower pillar ball shims is a good one too. I run compression limiters on my shocks to stop the compression from extending beyond the maximum exit angle of my drive cups. This helps a lot.

Once it pops out once the drive cup is gone. It takes very little damage to the drive cup to make this a never ending problem. The suggestion of removing the upper and lower pillar ball shims is a good one too. I run compression limiters on my shocks to stop the compression from extending beyond the maximum exit angle of my drive cups. This helps a lot.
The drive cup..? Is that the part that the drive shaft sits in ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back