Granite What do I build with these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Got a Granite and a Typhon (turned into a Big Rock with 17mm hexes).
Not really enjoying the Granite as I have rigs that are just better like the 6s series. Those are actually still the first tires.
And the Big Rock (MX28 and MX28hp tire sets) does not really fit in anywhere.

Thinking about some build for pavement. (Perhaps Vendetta body) but the shocks would probably be too soft. Or just add Vorteks tires to the Granite. And go back to the Typhon 3s with the Big Rock.

Short and long suspension arms there. Granite and 17mm hexes. Both motors 3200kv.

Any ideas?

20230807_165251small.jpg

If you aren't using them and don't want to, just sell them. Don't try to make something out of them just to make something. I'd use the sale money to fund a project you would rather start. 3s trucks will always be 3s trucks. Either you like to drive them and have use for them or you don't. Any conversions you do will probably cost enough to not be justified imo.

I think you’ll have to get the vendetta/infraction/typhon shock towers and then respective shocks. Better yet, sell both and get a 6s felony or infraction.

If you aren't using them and don't want to, just sell them. Don't try to make something out of them just to make something. I'd use the sale money to fund a project you would rather start. 3s trucks will always be 3s trucks. Either you like to drive them and have use for them or you don't. Any conversions you do will probably cost enough to not be justified imo.

My thoughts for a long time... :rolleyes: :unsure:

3s are really good to race against each other on some road. Damage is low, spare parts too. The way we hit the curb a few times yesterday - my 6s rigs - that would just hurt soooooo much.

Last edited:
Got a Granite and a Typhon (turned into a Big Rock with 17mm hexes).
Not really enjoying the Granite as I have rigs that are just better like the 6s series. Those are actually still the first tires.
And the Big Rock (MX28 and MX28hp tire sets) does not really fit in anywhere.

Thinking about some build for pavement. (Perhaps Vendetta body) but the shocks would probably be too soft. Or just add Vorteks tires to the Granite. And go back to the Typhon 3s with the Big Rock.

Short and long suspension arms there. Granite and 17mm hexes. Both motors 3200kv.

Any ideas?

View attachment 315990
There’s no point if you only tolerate them. It’s so easy to sink a ton of money into these things and it’s pointless to do so…unless you really love the line and know how to get the best performance out of them. Just sell them. Or sell one and keep the other for a guest car.

The 4x4 line serves a purpose for many. Any RC will be fun. Yes.
Just that one 4x4 is all you need or want.
Keep it in stock trim. Get a taste for RC. It is a stepping stone to the 6s line. How Arrma originally intended it, IMHO.
Yet many get into their 4x4 "comfort zone", and keep buying them, not realizing that it costs the same, if not $more$ to upgrade them as one would a 6s platform.:unsure:
While trying to make a 4x4 something it is not, and was never meant to be.
And the 4s 4x4 line being all too very close in price to a 6s platform is NOT the next logical level up. Just HH marketting at its best trying to compete with Trx. Arrma became all too bloated with their 4x4 offerings.
The 4x4 line platform was already maxxed out with 3s packs, durability wise.

Last edited:
Point is - I never drive the 3s rigs alone - except for the 3s Infraction. The 3s series are in action when my son joins in and we race. No point in having two 6s rigs race on pavement (and kerbs) when both are on my wallet. The Sentons (wide suspension arms) on pavement are real fun and the 3s Tyhons are fun too.

So the Granite and "Typon converted to BigRock" don't really fit anywhere. More a question if there is a good conversion to street car that I overlooked. I tend to sell rigs too quickly.

Last edited:
^^^ According to what you said, it appears your are stuck in that 4x4 "comfort zone".🤑

Ok, both sold.

When it comes to racing on pavement against eachother the 3s Series (Typhon and Senton) easily beat the 6s Arrma series. Just needs to be said. You can drive aggressively. When the Sentons touch each other they make the other car spin around or they just keep racing. The 3s Typhons often jump over each other but with hardly any damage. Do that with two Kratons bumping each other and they go jumping. Flip the Mojaves on the roof at speed on pavement - body won't last long with that weight. Two Felonies - both hit the curb when sliding sideways. With 6s Typons flipping when tires touch each other and rhen sliding on the roof - not so nice.

3s on pavement & against racing each other = (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back