Granite What Grease for plastic diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any NLGI 2 automotive/ marine grease is more than enough protection. Splitting hairs with diff. brands and types of NLGI 2 grease is a moot point. Maybe it counts more with extreme automotive and marine use. Some are obviously better in those extreme applications. RC not so much or critical.
Been Using SuperLube for 20+ years in all my RC rigs. Its fine. Just what I stick to. Mobil 1 Synth. (Red) is here also, Use it on my real cars though.
I like that Superlube has no color and odor. I can easily inspect lubed RC parts easier. Has Teflon for what its worth.

I have been having a lot of issues with my diffs wearing out and it seems to be right around the time I started using white lithium grease. I was considering playing it safe and just switching to red and tacky. One of my diffs was just coated with lithium yesterday and ran for like 1 minute. Is it too late to get the lithium off it? (Is the "damage done" already in other words?)

I have been having a lot of issues with my diffs wearing out and it seems to be right around the time I started using white lithium grease. I was considering playing it safe and just switching to red and tacky. One of my diffs was just coated with lithium yesterday and ran for like 1 minute. Is it too late to get the lithium off it? (Is the "damage done" already in other words?)
Clean it off, and see what happens, if it strips, it strips, they aren’t that expensive.

The best thing imo is to get shims and the hot racing diff yokes for the rear diff. My kraton 4s has been running the same rear diff ever since. But the sun gear is near the end of his life. Its the only part who needs remplacing after a while imo. Important to shim it as it wears down
Well important to me at least

The best thing imo is to get shims and the hot racing diff yokes for the rear diff. My kraton 4s has been running the same rear diff ever since. But the sun gear is near the end of his life. Its the only part who needs remplacing after a while imo. Important to shim it as it wears down
Well important to me at least
What is the reason for shimming diffs? I know nothing about that concept Im sorry to say.

What is the reason for shimming diffs? I know nothing about that concept Im sorry to say.

One is to loosen or tighten the ring gear/input gear mesh. On a 3s differential it comes with a single shim opposite the ringside gear. As your gears wear in can swap the shim to the other side to tighten it up like new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back